Patty Update

lakerskobeb
on 6/16/05 10:13 pm - Canton, OH
Hi everyone, I want to personally thank you all for keeping Patty in your prayers. She called me at 6 something this morning to let me know she had gotten back to Georgia okay. She had an appointment early so I figured she wouldn't be able to post. Thanks for all your prayers, she seems to be in great spirits and doing well. Listening to her talk about her experience has brought back some sad thoughts about my surgery. I really wish I would be recovering now like her instead of waiting until January. I got a new dog to try to feel some of that time, but as you know with dogs potty training a 5 year old is time consuming and tiresome. But the great thing is that I walk her for 30 minutes in the morning and 1.5 miles in the evening. Lately I have been feeling really lonely and I feel as though I have a void in my life. And I don't know what that void is. I am going to join weigh****chers today to find a local support group to help me through some of my issues. I would like to lose at least 40 lbs before my surgery in January. Well enough going on about my problems, I hope you all are doing well and thanks again for your prayers. Ronda in Ohio
DONNA RELLA
on 6/16/05 11:53 pm - Uvalde, TX
Ronda, You are in my prayers. I know that life is not always what we want it to be, but you are a strong, smart and beautiful person and in less than 6 months, you will be packink your bags and getting prepared. Don't lose the faith! Good luck with losing the 40 lbs. I am trying to lose some before my surgery as well. (not doing so well yet)... anyway, God Bless You. Sincerely, Donna
GW
on 6/17/05 1:23 am - Weatherford, TX
Ronda, Thanks for letting us know about Patty! I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find a job! You make a great standin angel! Now, on to you! I know how disappointed you are. I remember when my first surgery date was cancelled. I remember reading those posts made by those at that time being happy for them, but it making me even more depressed thinking it should have been me! This is something you have to work through on your own, but try and remember that at the time I couldn't see it, but later did realize that God did know best (as always) and that His time was perfect. I had undiagnosed diabetes in September and my recovery would not have gone as smoothly as it did if I had had it then. Plus, the more depressed I got, the more I ate. It was a vicious cycle. So, I know it is hard, but remember to give thanks in ALL things and keep trusting Him that He knows what is best for you. January isn't really that far away. You will be heading to Ensenada before you know it! YOu are in our prayers and thoughts and heart. You are a wonderful, caring, giving woman and things will work out for you. Genie
Allison R.
on 6/17/05 1:27 am - Georgetown, IN
Ronda, Thanks for the update on Patty - I am happy that she is doing well. As for you, just hang in there - January will be here before you even know it. I had to put my surgery off as well and maybe I will be there with ya in January . My husband has set me up with a savings account and has already put over $1000 in it for me. Hopefully, the restaurant will take off like a shot and it will take me no time to save the rest. I have been going to some auctions and am re-selling some things on Ebay to make some $$ toward my surgery. If you ever need a shoulder, please feel free to e-mail me! Allison
Cheri Moran
on 6/17/05 4:17 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Ronda! Thank you for the update on Patty. I'm glad to hear she is safely home. I know waiting is rough on you but you are making some very good decisions while you wait. The excercise and going to Weigh****chers are excellent plans. You hang in there! It is difficult to want something so badly and then have it taken away or postponed. I like so many others, have been there. It just makes it that much sweeter when you finally have the surgery. Like Genie said, God's clock is the one we want to live by. I'll keep you in my prayers and I hope everyting goes really well for you now and in January. Cheri
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/17/05 7:20 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Ronda, It sounds as though your doing a great job at getting yourself physically ready for surgery. I know that void feeling that you're having. And I know how it feels not to know what's causing it. It took me a while to figure out what the void was in my life, but I did and I'm working on getting it out of my life. Pets are a wonderful wonderful way of easing the pain. I have three cats and just petting them and brushing them and letting them sleep at my feet at night gives me a comfort that is so theraputic. Not to mention they're so soft and are my personal vibrating slippers! Keep your chin up and do some soul searching while you wait for your day to come. There's a great book from a series of books called: "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff: For Women" it's by Kristine Carlson. It's packed with great ideas and motivating words. Hugs! Cheers! Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views