dr's bill??

janine b
on 6/16/05 4:47 am - Pooler, GA
i see alot of you have gone to dr. aguirre, rumbaut and a few others,,can you tell me if you had the rny and if yes what was the cost,, i used another doctor in monterrey but i have a friend in Vegas that is interested in having the procedure done,, BCBS has denied her three times and her bmi is like 48 plus she has every co morbibitiy,, but she doesnt have alot of cash,, and my dr was a little pricey,, i tried the links but they dont give you the cost side of it,, thanks in advance,, i am happy to say i am 7 wks post op lap rny and 30 lbs lighter !! yeah !!
GW
on 6/16/05 5:06 am - Weatherford, TX
HI Janine! I went to Dr. Aquirre in March of this year. His fee is $7,400 and the hospital and anestheliogist (sp?) is$2,000. The total is$9,400 plus your airfare and accomadations. My total out of pocket was$11,300. That was everything including souveniors! Genie
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/16/05 5:31 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I'm having my surgery on August 5th with Dr. Aguirre. Here's a break down of the costs: Surgeon fees: $7,400 Asst. Surgeon fees: $2,000 The above $9,400 covers everything that implies to the surgery and the hospital. The only other costs will be lodging before and after the hospital stay, airfare, and transportation from San Diego to Ensenada. With airfare ($1,620.00), transportation ($350.00), surgery ($9,400.00), and lodging ($790.00 @ $79.00/night), the grand total for me is about $12,160.00. I'm flying from Toronto though, so airfare is a bit more expensive for me. Not to mention I've had to buy three plane tickets as my husband and son are coming with me and we're going out there during a high season, so flights were pretty costly. Anyway, hope this helps!! As always, prices can change, but this is what I was quoted when I booked my surgery. Cheers! Lorraine
bonnied
on 6/16/05 7:16 am - St. Albans, VT
Well, I went to Dr. Rumbaut. He is the most expensive ($14600) but I do not regret it. He does the band or laprascopic RNY, and he does it exactly as they do it here in the states, no funky tubes or drains coming out after surgery. Also no huge incision from stem to stern. There are financing companies available to help with the cost of surgery and travel expenses. Your friend should look into them. Laprascopic surgery is less apinful and you have a quicker recovery, back to work faster and a hugely smaller chance of developing a hernia aftedr surgery. I do highly recommend Dr. Rumbaut, the care I received was better than I ever received here in the US and I was not concerned for my health or safety at all. Make sure your friend looks into all her options. I heard about a Doc in Tiajuana who does it for like $7500, but cheaper is not always a better deal. Congrats on your losses! Bonnie
SandiBeach
on 6/16/05 9:41 am - Northwest USA
Hi, I have heard of this doctor that I am giving you. I have heard good things. The prices are on the website and are all inclusive. They include: All airfare/all transportion/hotel/lots of pretesting/hospital/Doctors fee's/complication insurance/private nurse service/city tours. Open Rny is about 11K, lap is about 13,500K. Put www first and then the rest is affordablebariatrics.com/ They even have financing. It seem very nice and like a good deal. Do some research...Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views