coping

pattycake
on 6/15/05 11:37 am - macon, GA
i didn't exopect to be so homesick and restless. i want to go home to my kids and my dog. there was a minor fire at my house yesterday beleive it or not. thankfully nothing was damaged. the fire dept took the fuse box and the electricity meter and said they would not return it until the wiring was re-done up to code. thank god my kids and dog were not hurt. hang in there. bring lots of stuff to entertain yourself. dvd player, movies, cd's, books. i have been journalling and it is helping. i am alreaady losing weight, but not eating very much. at this point everything i eat makes me ill.... even soups and clear broth. i ate cream of wheat this morning and it made me feel so weak and my heart started racing. there was no sugar in it... jut sweet and low.
bonnied
on 6/15/05 1:04 pm - St. Albans, VT
I was really homesick too. I'm glad I had brought my laptop to keep in touch with OH. I'm sorry to hear about your house. I'm glad everyone is ok. You will be home soon! Good luck! Bonnie
vickig
on 6/21/05 1:15 am - CRAWFORD, GA
i thiught they had a computer in the apt. exactely what do they have in the apts. and what works. the t.v. i heard only had a few english chanells,phone didn't work in one. one had no fan. i was counting on these apts. now i'm a little worried that they might not be up to par.i'm not being ugly, i'm jusst getting really curious!
cathy.fowler
on 6/15/05 2:58 pm - Mesquite, TX
Hi Patty----I know the homesickness was the worst part for me!!!!!! I;m so glad you've made it this far. It will get better! Cathy Fowler
Amanda
on 6/16/05 12:47 am - Kearney, NE
I totally get ya!! I was soooo homesick for my kids that it was very hard to keep busy! What helped me was to keep walking around outside and getting fresh air! Staying cooped up in the apartment just made it worse!! Sorry about the fire - good to hear the kids and dog are fine!!!! The eating gets much much easier! Just don't push yourself! Get in your liquids and if nothing else you will be okay! Good luck - you will be home before you know it!!!
GW
on 6/16/05 2:33 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Patty! I am so sorry to hear about the fire, but so thankful to hear that the kids are alright! And the dog! I know it is hard being so far from them right now, but hang in there. In a few months you will be making up for lost time! You will be doing things with them that you were never able to do before! I am sorry I have been so lapse in keeping up with you. I have been hitting the pavement everyday looking for work. I come home and just kinda flop! Please keep praying for me that I find work! You take care, and you will be home before you know it! Love, Genie
Cheri Moran
on 6/16/05 12:42 pm - Big Spring, TX
Hi Patty! I'm sorry to hear about the fire at your home. I'm sure it is difficult being away from you kids at this time. I'm glad they are ok and that the fire wasn't any worse. Just take it slow and easy with the food. Your pouch is healing so it can be very picky. It won't be long before you'll be able to eat a better variety. I still weigh my food and only eat 3 oz and I'm 13 months out. Hang in there, it gets better every day! Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views