Is this normal? Need post-ops advice please

bonnied
on 6/13/05 7:23 am - St. Albans, VT
Hi guys! After my surgery (days 3-7) I was starving! Extremely hungry, was taking in cream soups and other full liquids but could not get enough. I have never had a problem getting my fluids in at all! Now that I'm home, I'm a little confused! I've lost my appetite! I had to force myself to eat and could only take 3 bites of cream of wheat this morning! Last week I was able to take in triple that! What's the deal? Did my brain finally catch up with the surgery or what? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, just a bit confused! So many other post-ops have said they lost their appetite the day of surgery, but I didn't. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Bonnie P.S. I am no longer on my diabetes or high blood pressure meds! Fingerstick was 97 (250 the week before surgery) and my BP was 118/68 yesterday! WHOOOOHOOOO! Thank you Jesus for helping me find my way, you are truly amazing!
Jodie F.
on 6/13/05 9:03 am - Very Hot, CA
Hi Bonnie, I am 10 months post op. When I am properly filled there are times when I don't have an appetite either. Just hang in there. Eat the three meals a day with your focus on protein first, then viggies, I;m pretty sure you know the basics. When I switched over to this screen to write you, I lost the date of your surgery, so I don't know if you are on solids yet. As your restriction gets looser, your hunger will return. Have you had a fill? When you can eat and get hungry within a few hours, and when you find that you can eat more than now, you will be ready for a fill and to begin the process all over again. I hope that this helps you on your journey. Jodie 189/130/115
bonnied
on 6/13/05 11:18 am - St. Albans, VT
Thanks for responding Jodie, but I'm not a band, I had RNY.
janine b
on 6/16/05 1:17 am - Pooler, GA
i think it's more psychological,, there is way more temptation at home,, while i was still in mexico i wasnt hungry at all,, then i come home on day five and my daughter is eating capn crunch cereal,, god did i want some all of a sudden i thought i was hungry,, but i think its just that we are trained over so many years,, breakfast when you wake - lunch during the day and come home from work and have dinner,,, i still have to tell myself that i am not hungry,, i can do liquid all day without thinking twice about it and when i walk in the door from work i think "man i didnt eat all day" and start to crave food,, i jut have to keep telling myself that i am not hungry,which i'm really not, but that is what we're taught-come home and have dinner,, now i just go about what i need to do and dont worry about it,, i am about 7 weeks post op and still learning to slow down on food and take little bites,, it is a big change,, but hang in there it gets easier
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views