HOW HOT IS IT?? WLS IN MEXICO IN LATE JULY

Shartee
on 6/10/05 12:43 pm - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Everyone, Just wondering if anyone out there has gone to Enenada in late July to have wls. If yes, were you in one of Dr. A's apartments without AC? How bad was the heat? Any advice? Okay, I've got less than 2 months to surgery and all these questions (most have been asked and answered here & I can't remember answers!!!) keep going through my head!! Geeesh, I feel like I'm going mental!! Oh well, just pre-wls jitters I'm sure. Thanks for listening everyone. Hugs, ~Sharon~
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/10/05 3:03 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
I was under the impression that there was A/C in the apartments....... From what I understand, the weather in Ensenada in July and August has a high of around 75 degrees. Right now it's about 90 degrees here in Toronto during the day and 80 at night. My family and I are getting along with only two fans. It's a little bothersom and uncomfortable. But if there isn't any A/C in the apartments, I'd like to know so I can bring a fan just for comfort, in case it gets a little hotter than expected. I always try to keep it low key during the day and get everything done around the house in the evenings. It keeps my sweating to a minimum. I plan to do the same in Ensenada. I can't believe the heat we've been having. I actually tossed my son in the tub today and doused him with cold water. He loved it so much I almost joined him!!! Cheers! Lorraine
GW
on 6/11/05 12:56 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Lorraine! There is no air conditioning in the apartments, but you really don't need it. The apartment does have fans. Apartment #1 had 2 that were very nice. I even had to turn them off a couple of times because I was cold! I am normally very hot natured, so I don't know why that was. I used them both the night I got in before my surgery, after I came back from the hospital, they were off and on. You have a very nice patio so if you want to leave the door open and catch some fresh air that is always an option. No one walks by your door unless they are going to apt. #2. The main sidewalk is off the livingroom window facing another direction. The livingroom window is made out of those glass cubes so you get light, but it is very private. Hope this helps! Genie
DONNA RELLA
on 6/11/05 1:31 am - Uvalde, TX
oh no....NO A/C... in JULY??? Will i survive? I live in A/C. Has anyone been there in the summer months? Do the hotels have a/c? Hmmm.... things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/11/05 6:02 am - St. Catharines, Canada
It's definitely hotter in Texas than Ensenada. I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. I usually live in A/C during the summer as well, but I've been doing ok without it this summer. And it's HOT!! Much hotter than Ensenada. Spend your time outside in the evening if need be. That ocean breeze will be so lovely and cool. Cheers! Lorraine
GW
on 6/11/05 9:23 am - Weatherford, TX
Donna, Don't worry! The air off the ocean makes Ensenada a perfect climate! I have heard it never gets above 75 there. You should ask Rosella if that is accurate or not! When I visited my sister in San Diego several years ago, she told me that a lot of the houses there don't have ac because no one uses it. The breeze from the ocean is great! It must be the same in Ensenada. And the fans they put in the apartment are great. It was enough for me anyway. Genie
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/11/05 5:55 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Oh well!! I've been getting along fine in hotter weather with no A/C. It'll be nice beng there. It will actually give me a break from the heat wave we're having up here!! It surprising that the cold tundra known as Canada can be hotter in the summer than certain places in Mexico!! I have a feeling that Sharon, Donna, anyone else that'll be there and I will do just fine with a couple fans!! Cheers! Lorraine
Shartee
on 6/11/05 11:07 am - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Lorraine, I spoke with Rosella and she said the breeze is great and AC is not needed. Also, I believe the apartments have fans as well. Hey Lorraine, I have no doubt we'll "tough it out" because the end result will make us losers!!!! Hugs, ~Sharon~
Debbie L
on 6/11/05 6:00 am - Western, Pa
I stayed in apartment 1 there is no a/c but it is not that hot because of the ocean there is usually a nice breeze. I was there the first week of August of last year. When I was there the fan didn't work so we didn't even have that. Just make sure when you are out of the hospital and able to drink to take water with you if you walk alot. I walked quite a bit when I got out of the hospital and you need water to sip all the time. Good luck with your surgery. Debbie L
Shartee
on 6/11/05 10:54 am - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Debbie, Thanks for your input! Last summer we got hit with three hurricanes and I found out what it's like to be without AC here (Kissimmee, FL)!! I'm really relieved to hear that Ensenada's weather and temperatures don't mimic Florida! Thanks again. Hugs, ~Sharon~
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views