hi guys! still in monterrey and doing great!

bonnied
on 6/8/05 5:12 am - St. Albans, VT
Hello everyone! It's me again! I had my lap RNY on Friday and am doing great. Dr. Rumbaut gave me the ok to go home yesterday but it wil cost us over $1400 to travel home 3 days early that we are just going to stay. It's beautifully sunny and warm here, we just got back from lounging by the pool for an hour. I wanted to give you all a quick update on my progress! Since Friday, I've lost 16 pounds and got to get rid of my 3 diabetes medications! My blood sugars have been in the 80's. Hard to believe just a little over a week ago they were mostly above 200! I am so excited! Obviously this surgery worked. I wanted my diabetes to go away, along with it's complications and it's working! Now losing weight will be just a bonus! The icing on the cake shall we say! Anyway, I feel great, haven't needed any pain meds and am having no problems getting my liquids in. Looking forward to going home though, I miss my critters, son included! Bonnie
DONNA RELLA
on 6/8/05 7:45 am - Uvalde, TX
WONDERFUL...i am so happy for you. I don't know about the one way ticket thing. it would be scary if i couldn't get a flight home or something. I am amzaed at your 16 lb loss. that is awesome. I cant wait. I have constant butterflies in my stomach right now.
Sunny L.
on 6/8/05 11:18 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
Hi Bonnie! Congrats on your courage to do the surgery and having it go so well! I know you are thrilled with the diabetes improvement--I felt the same way when my blood pressure went to normal the day of the surgery and stayed there or below! It's wonderful to get off those meds. Blessings to you as you return and continue healing. Hugs--Sunny (234/203/140 here I come)
Joanne V.
on 6/10/05 7:15 am - Lexington, MS
Sunny - I believe you, but I can't understand how your BP would correct on the day OF the surgery, before you lost any significant weight. Do you, or have your doctors suggested, any reason why this happened so soon ? -- Jody
Sunny L.
on 6/10/05 10:50 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Hi Joanne--Not sure. Same thing happened to my friend, Donna, who had the surgery 3 years ago and helped inspire me to do so. She also came off of her oral diabetic meds first week, when obviously no significant weight loss had occured either. Only thing we can figure out is that some metabolic change is created. Many people become cold natured immediately also. I am, and was immediately, much cooler...though not what I'd call cold-natured. Hope this helps. Hugs--Sunny
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views