spoke with Rosella....

DONNA RELLA
on 6/7/05 6:24 pm - Uvalde, TX
I have spoken with Rosella and we have decided to move my date to July 15. I am so excited and sad at the same time. I was so looking forward to meeting Lorraine and Sharon. Anyway, i don't have an angel, and i am not sure how to get one or two...and i feel like i need step by step instructions from now on. What to eat now and right after... what vitamins to buy for now and after surgery. do i need a passport? where to begin for the best price in airfare.??? any ideas are welcome. I am praying for all of you...
cathy.fowler
on 6/8/05 1:00 am - Mesquite, TX
Yeah for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cathy Fowler
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/8/05 1:29 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Donna, I'm so glad that you finally have a date and everything is set and ready to go! I'm sad that we won't be able to meet, but that's how things go. You have a date though!! Yay! This is so exciting! I have no idea how the angel thing works....... You don't need a passport if you are a US citizen. All you need is proof of identity. i.e. drivers license, birth certificate, etc... For airfare, the best place is expedia.com, but if you have a travel agent, they have a different system that they work with and can often get you something even cheaper than on the internet. Go celebrate Donna, you deserve it! Cheers! Lorraine
GerrAnn
on 6/8/05 1:49 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Donna Im so happy that things are finally moving in the right direction for you.. As for suggestions as to what vitamins etc you need after surgery I can only give you ideals as to what I am doing.. I started with a protein drink as soon as Dr. A allowed us to have liquids in Mexico.. I went with the unjury product and drink it twice a day in my decaf coffee.. I prefer for myself the vanilla and the unflavored product.. And now I even mix the two so that the vanilla isnt as strong.. But there are also others out there that use GNC products etc.. Remember that your vitamins are for life now.. I didnt have a problem with that because I was already doing that.. once again I will tell you what I use.. I buy a product called optisource online at walgreens it is a baractric multivitamin that is a orange chewable.. I take 3 a day. Citracal Calcium Citrate 3 a day ( other forms of calcium are not right for baractric patients) I now take 2 biotin a day..(wal-mart) this is for hair loss.. Should start on it as soon as possible.. and I take B-complex sublingual Liquid (walmart) and fiber choice chewable tablets.Good Luck to all of you.. GerrAnn
DONNA RELLA
on 6/8/05 1:58 am - Uvalde, TX
when you say i should start the vitamins right away... do you mean now, before surgery? And i don't drink coffee, so what else can i put the unjury in? Or is a stand alone kinda drink? My mom wants me to give her a list of things i will be able to eat when i get back home. Does anyone have such a list or is it just what i can tolerate?
GerrAnn
on 6/8/05 3:28 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Donna I'm sure that you can mix it with crystal light etc.. I use those international coffees so I don't think of them as coffee per say..lol If you like cream cicle ice cream you can mix orange crystal light with vanilla unjury. Pretty yummy... Can't really tell you when to start your vitamins.. Like I said, I was taking them before surgery anyways.. just changed what kind of vitamins that I took was all.. GerrAnn
TracyW
on 6/8/05 3:44 am - Spring, TX
Hey Donna... If you are not already doing so now PLEASE PLEASE start working out NOW, even if it is just small little walks. I ask this for several reasons, 1st is to get your lungs ready, when you see Dr A the night before surgery he will give you a little plastic breathing machine and will tell you to use it before and after surgery. If you have started working on your lungs before you get there it will be a piece of cake. 2nd is (I believe) working out prior to surgery will increase the blood flow to every part of your body and will make recovery easier. Again this is just my belief Good Luck and take lots of pictures and lots of notes. Tracy Also start making plans for the Reunion in September, it will be in San Antonio, TX. If you need information please E-mail me.
klnbaker
on 6/8/05 4:11 am - Gresham, OR
Just to tie in with what Tracy said.... I worked out for an hour a day (!!!) for three months before surgery. I felt being fit, even while being fat, helped me to heal quicker. Also, there isn't any handles installed in the restroom or shower. Since my legs were stronger it was easier to get around. Kathleen
DONNA RELLA
on 6/8/05 4:55 am - Uvalde, TX
very good to know... thank you
bonnied
on 6/8/05 5:23 am - St. Albans, VT
HI Donna! I am very excited for you! I am still in Monterrey, had my RNY on Friday 6/3. I used travelocity.com for my tickets, they were the cheapest, but they will not let us change our tickets to leave early without charging us over $1400! I am doing so well that Dr. Rumbaut is allowing me to leave the country now, but I can't justify the extra cost just to get home 3 days earlier. I wish I had bought a one way ticket and then bought another one when I was ready to go home. I got my vitamins at Costco, flinestone chewables, and citracal chewable calcium and vitamin B12. Those are must haves, absolutely critical. You also might want to have plenty of protein shakes and crystal light around. I brought some of the crystal light to go packs with me becuse I love them so much. I also brought broth packets. You only need a birth certificate and drivers license to get through the border, they ask for a passport, just whip out the other two nd you are all set! You are going to be amazed! I already am! Best of luck to you! Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views