Prayers answered; I've got my date!!!!!

Shartee
on 6/6/05 10:56 am - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Everyone, I've been able to set my date!!! This has been made possible by my wonderful, angelic friend who allowed me to keep the money from (her) car we just sold. She is from England and was just here to visit me a month ago and she said, "Sell my car and take the money to go have your surgery. I know how much you want it and how much of a difference it will make in your life". Her next door neighbor had wls a year ago so she has seen, first hand, what a difference the surgery can make; I am so very blessed!! So, I've got a tentative date for July 28th; I've spoken with Rosella and I've just sent her my email confirming the date on my end so now I'm just waiting for a confirmation from her. As soon as I get the confirmation, I'm booking my airline ticktes. And one really nice thing, my daughter will be joining me for part of the trip. As I mentioned above, my daughter will be coming down for part of the trip. Does anyone know if Bambi will be making a trip to San Diego on the 1, 2nd, 3rd or 4th of August? I'll be staying for the "full" stay, but my daughter needs to get back sooner. I'll be happy to assist with gas money, etc. in order to get my daughter back to San Diego; we just didn't want to have to pay Bambi for one full round trip plus another trip to return my daughter. If anyone can help or if they have any suggestions, please let me know. As I am sure everyone who has had wls knows, I have such a variety of emotions stirring through me at the moment; I'm anxious, scared, excited....can't find all the words!! It's like a dream and I'm afraid that it's not real yet! I've been researching wls for so long and orignally I was scheduled for wls last Nov and I had to cancel (major problems) and now I'm almost scared to believe it's really going to happen!! Well, guess that's it for now; well until I start asking all those pre-op questions!!! To all of you who have been so steadfast in answering questions, offering support and just being here, I can't thank you enough. Although I have not been very "vocal" on this board, all of you have helped me more than you'll ever know and I hope I can do the same for someone else someday!! Hugs, ~Sharon~
SandiBeach
on 6/6/05 12:07 pm - Northwest USA
Congrats Sharon! Time will go by so fast. You will do great and soon you will be on the losing side. What a great friend you have. May God bless you.
Shartee
on 6/6/05 12:17 pm - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Sandi, Thanks for your kind words. You are so very right, I do have a wonderful friend. Hugs, ~Sharon~
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/6/05 4:33 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Bambi will be picking me, my husband and my son up on the morning of August 3rd. I'm sure if you ask Rosella, she can talk to Bambi about bringing your daughter up with him when he comes to pick us up. Congrats on your surgery date, and good luck!! Cheers! Lorraine
Shartee
on 6/7/05 7:59 am - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Lorraine, Thanks very much for letting me know about Bambi picking you and your family up. However, it appears that my daughter has decided to "juggle" her schedule so she can stay with me for the entire stay! We'll have to make sure we see each other while we're in Ensenada! Hugs, ~Sharon~
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/7/05 8:17 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Sharon, Most definately! I'm so happy to hear that your daughter is going to be able to stay. Having someone there for you is so important. Emotionally and physically! Where are you going to be staying? We'll be in the apartments that Rosella sets you up with. What days are you going to be in Ensenada? I'm so excited for the both of us! This is such a huge thing! Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure it's all real! Cheers! Lorraine
Shartee
on 6/7/05 10:49 am - Kissimmee, FL
Hey Lorraine, I'm pinching myself as well!! We'll be staying in the apartments so looks like we'll be neighbors!! I've had to change my surgery date due to flights; I arrive in Ensenada on the 26th July, surgery on the 27th and I depart on the 4th of august. There's a chance Donna may be there the same time as well! It's so hard to believe this is all finally happening!! It's hard for other people (who have never had a weight problem) to understand the way I feel at the moment. I don't know where I would be without everyone here! I am very, very blessed to have found this site full of so many wonderful people!! Life is good!! Hugs, ~Sharon~
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/7/05 11:33 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Sharon, We'll be neighbors for one night at least!! I'm hoping to be neighbors with Donna as well, but she may book her surgery a little earlier than first planned. I hope she can get the earlier date, only because I know how waiting can be excruciatingly painful! But then it would be so great to meet her...... I read through your profile. I'm sorry everything with your husband happened. I hope he has come around and is no longer so negative about your weight. I'm sure he won't be when you start shedding off those pounds and looking thinner and thinner by the day! Hurray for Mexico and Dr. Aguirre and WLS!!!!! Cheers! Lorraine
GW
on 6/7/05 12:06 am - Weatherford, TX
Sharon, How exciting for you! I remember when you posted about your wonderful friend, and now here it is, a reality! Good luck to you and you will be in my prayers! Genie
Shartee
on 6/7/05 10:52 am - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Genie, Thanks so much for the support! I can't wait to be on the losing side!! It's really wonderful to be able to share this moment with people who truly understand how important this really is; thank you. Hugs, ~Sharon~
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views