:help: Monterrey July Anyone

Rickey C.
on 6/6/05 2:28 am - Benton, KS
Is anyone going to Monterrey in July? I am going to have lap rny on July 14th, surgery on the 15th. I am going to be there until the 20th. I will be staying at the Hampton Inn. I was hoping some other people from the states might be going. I will be going alone, and would love to have someone to talk to, and maybe walk over to the mall or something. I have never been to Monterrey. I am from Kansas. Please email me if you plan to be there. [email protected] thanks, Chrissy
bonnied
on 6/6/05 3:23 am - St. Albans, VT
Hi Chrissy! I am in Monterrey at the hampton Inn right now! I had my lap RNY on Friday and was discharged from the hospital Sunday morning, was at the hotel by 10am. You will be in good hands here! I have met several of Dr. Rumbaut's patients already, and they don't even use OH! It's easy to spot another American, we all have that dazed look! Kidding! If you have a laptop, bring it. All you need is a special cable from the front desk and you will have free internet in your room. Your hospital room is bigger than your hotel room! And there is internet access in your hospital room as well. There are several english tv channels here and at the hospital. The van drivers speak english as do the front desk staff All the residents and doctors speak english very well. The nurses do not, but communicating with them is easy with the english/spanish guide they give you and a few gestures. They are very, very nice. If you've never had surgery before, be prepared. The 1st 12 hours for me were very uncomfortable with all the gas from the surgery. Not unbearable, but I was pushed close to my limit a few times because I was tired and so uncomfortable! Anyway, the second night in the hospital I slept like a log and woke up feeling much better. Dr. Rumbaut came to the hotel last night along with a resident of his to check on me. He also called this am to check again. I feel better about having my procedure here than in the hospital near my home! I met another person who came alone for her RNY and she's going home today, 3 days early! Dr. Rumbaut said I'm doing so well that he anticipates letting me go home early as well. Best of luck to you Chrissy! You won't regret it! Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views