WooHoo Going to Monterrey-Questions

drinwi
on 6/2/05 11:46 am - Lap RNY 6/13/05, WI
I talked with Dr. Cesar and Doralisa today on the phone. They indicated that a June 10th surgery date is probable. I'm getting my ducks in a row so I can leave at a momen'ts notice. I am so excited to have my lapband revised to an RNY. Can some of you that have done the RNY tell me what I should take along to pass the time over 10 days in Monterrey? Will I feel like shopping at any point? I'm taking my laptop so I can go online and also watch DVDs, and I'm taking some good books to read. Is there a courtyard at the Hampton Inn to sit in and catch some sun? Thanks for all your help!
bonnied
on 6/5/05 4:39 am - St. Albans, VT
Bring your swimsuit and sunscreen! There is an outdoor pool and lounging area. Bring walking shoes, the mall is directly behind the hotel. Anything you need you can get at the H.E.B. like crystal light, broth, etc. For anyone who is coming with you, there are McDonald's and Applebees next door and free breakfast at the hotel every morning. My husband loves that! As long as you give the hotel desk as much notice as you can, you can reserve the van. They brought us to all appointments and back and forth from the hospital. It's very hot here now, I've been wearing shorts and tank tops. The desk will even exchange money for you to go shopping. I had a lap RNY on Friday, I was discharged this a.m. and am feeling good. We are going to walk around the mall this afternoon. I'm glad I brought my own crystal light singles to mix easily in the room and packets of broth, I just get some ho****er from the lobby. I'll be here 6 more days and already feel pretty good. I imagine that I'll be cruising the mall quite a bit and hopefully soaking up some sun. Good luck, keep us posted! Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views