Hi guys, I'm in Monterrey at the hotel! I can't believe this is really going to happen!

bonnied
on 6/1/05 12:41 pm - St. Albans, VT
Well, three flights from New England, and here we are in Monterrey! I am meeting with Dr. Gonzalez and Dr. Rumbaut tomorrow for pre-op stuff, surgery is on Friday! I am freaking out! I'm staying at the Hampton Inn that the Doc recommends and it's very nice. Everything went very smoothly, the guy was there to meet us at the airport for transportation. I'm glad I brought my laptop because there is free high speed internet access in our room. All I had to do is ask for the special connecting cable down at the front desk, and boom, we are on! This is going to come in very handy over the next 10 days! We've already been to the mall and to H.E.B. to pick up some things, it's like a super wal-mart, then out to eat at Applebees, then swimming in the hotel pool. I am sooooooo ready for this to happen! Please say a few prayers for me! Bonnie
drinwi
on 6/2/05 5:37 am - Lap RNY 6/13/05, WI
Hi Bonnie, Good luck with everything! I am waiting to hear from Dr. Rumbaut's patient coordinator to schedule my revision to the RNY. I hope to be there in a short time having surgery. Dr. R did my lapband in '98 but I've got band errosion so I'm switching! He is wonderful - I've never met a doctor who is so kind. I wish you the best. Renee in Wisconsin
bonnied
on 6/2/05 10:45 am - St. Albans, VT
Thanks guys! You all are very kind! Surgery is tomorrow a 10am, I'm excited! I've already met more patients who are here as well! Mike, you are doing so well! I couldn't imagine how well you are feeling about your progress! Thanks again! Bonnie
GerrAnn
on 6/2/05 11:28 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Bonnie Tomorrow will bring you a whole new beginning.. What you do with it will be up to you.. It is a journey of many ups and downs, with good and bad times There will be no looking back, only forward..Good Luck. We will keep you in our thoughts. YAHOO GerrAnn
drinwi
on 6/2/05 11:40 am - Lap RNY 6/13/05, WI
Hi Bonnie, Dr. Cesar called me this afternoon, and then Doralisa got on the phone and we have the potential date set for Thursday June 10th for my revision from lapband to RNY proximal bypass surgery. I had NO idea that it is a 10 day in Mexico. I may have to quit my job to pull this off but if necessary I will do it. I'm so glad you talked about taking your laptop with you. I will do the same. I just called my son to ask him to put together a package of DVDs so I'll have some movies to watch! Hope all is well with you. When do you come home? D. Renee' in WI
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views