I did it! I chickened out!

Lorraine Wentz
on 6/1/05 11:35 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Well, I canceled my uterus cleaning. I called the day before and told them I was just too scared to have it. I've been having really nasty headaches that won't go away, so I don't want to be going under general anesthisia while all that is going on. The drug that they put me on to stop the bleeding is working anyway, so if I don't have to have this procedure done now, then I'd rather have my first time "going under" to be my weightloss surgery. On top of my headaches and chickening out, my cat that went missing over two months ago was found. She's skin and bones and wa**** by a car and has a concussion. She's still in critical condition, but she's doing much much better than when she was first brought in. She's an indoor cat, so she had lost that survival instinct. Poor thing. I've been going in to see her twice a day and every time I go in she looks better and better. If she's going to suffer permanent brain damage I'm going to have to put her down. She's gone blind as well. She may regain her sight, but right now everything is just a wait and see situation. Thank god we got a hefty tax return this year or we wouldn't be able to afford the vet bill! Yikes! It's a big one! Hope every one is doing well!! Cheers! Lorraine
DONNA RELLA
on 6/1/05 4:36 pm - Uvalde, TX
Hi Lorraine, sorry to hear about your cat. Hopefully she will have a speedy and inexpensive recovery. I am glad the meds are working for you. They did not help me when i tried them. I am glad that i had my hysterectomy... no more suffering in that dept. THANK YOU GOD!!! I am exactly 2 mos away now.... pray that the banker lady LINDA approves me tomorrow, ok? thanks
GW
on 6/2/05 11:59 pm - Weatherford, TX
Hey Lorraine, I am glad that you have decided what is best for you, and are comfortable and at peace with that decision. I had a hysterectomy like Donna, and I have never missed my monthly visits from Aunt Flo! She was such a bothersome ole biddy! I hope that all turns out well with your cat and that there will be no permanant damage. Take care!
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/3/05 3:04 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I get to take my kitty home from the hospital this afternoon. She's such a trooper. I'm taking 10 mg of progesterone once every other day and that seems to be keeping the bleeding to a very light flow. Now I have to send an e-mail to Rosella asking if I can continue to take it until my surgery date. I'm supposed to be off birth control one month before surgery, so I'm hoping I can continue with the prog. so I don't bleed anymore. I have to get my iron levels back up as I am anemic right now. I'm taking 300mg of ferrous gluconate three times a day. Hopefully that will get me in the safe zone so I can have surgery!! Thanks for all the good wishes!! Cheers! Lorraine
vickig
on 6/6/05 1:08 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
i'm glad your meds are working. soooo...i'm an animal lover. hows the cat? any permenet damage?I hope she's ok as well! best of luck with every thing!
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/6/05 3:10 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Mimi is doing really well. Everyone at the vet clinic calls her miracle kitty. She's gotten some of her sight back and isn't quite as clumsy as she was when we brought her home on Friday. It doesn't appear that there is or will be any permanent damage. I've posted a picture of my little girl on my profile. Thank you all for the concern! Cheers! Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views