Slow loser but still happy :)

chunkable
on 5/29/05 3:09 am - federal way, wa
Hi you guys, I haven't posted in awhile been a little busy, started a new job, looking for land for us to build a home and a ton of birthdays and family get togethers in May has me exhausted I feel great. No problems whatsoever. As of today I am down 75.5 pounds Im hoping to get to 100 pounds by my 6th month anniversary which will be July 28th. I have really been trying to excersize more and do better at finding the time to squeeze in my protein drinks. I've been doing the high protein atkins type dieting lately and that seems to really help. I also have discovered a new protein drink that I made up that is really yummy. It doesn't taste at all like protein more like a starbucks cappacchino frozen treat. It does have whipping cream in it but on atkins we are allowed to have that and it has some coffee but I use decaf. All in all everything is going great here. Terriyaki chicken has become my staple for lunch. I get a side order of the chicken with the sauce and it lasts me for 2 days. I never thought of how much money this could save us in food expenses before I had this surgery lol. Anyhow I just wanted to report since I have been bad at keeping in touch lately. To all my surgery sisters and my 1 brother, I love you guys. You help me stay on track and keep the big goal in mind when it seems to be so far away. My goal right now is to be under 200 by christmas which would be amazing and the first time in I don't know how long that I had been that low. Excited about the future cannot wait.. Hugs to you all Cindy 335/259.5/165ish
Boomma
on 5/29/05 6:11 am - Osceola, WI
Cindy, you are doing great! I am so glad you have not had any complications. I hope to be a loser in a few months. Would you share your "starbucks" protein receipe?
chunkable
on 5/29/05 6:23 am - federal way, wa
hi judy. Here is what I do for my protein drinks. I buy the champion pure whey protein in chocolate it has 30 grams of protein per scoop so you get plenty of protein in one scoop and it's very good. First I put some ice in the blender and mix the ice to get it to slushy consistency then I add 1 cup of ice cold water, 1 scoop of champion pure whey protein, 1 tablespoon of decaf coffee, my favorite kind is the caramel pecan coffee yum and 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. It's delicious and you look forward to actually drinking your protein... very good stuff. Also I wanted to let you know if you need a medical id bracelet for your surgery. I wear mine everyday just incase Im ever in an accident and they go to put a g-tube in they won't puncture my little tummy. I make them personally and they are beautifully beaded onto stainless steel beading wire which makes them beautiful and durable. Let me know if you are interested. I offer great deals to my gastric bypass buddies and offer free engraving on both sides of the medical plate. You can email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or just want to talk. Good luck on your surgery your in great hands and I know you will be successful Cindy
tamara_b73
on 5/29/05 8:00 am - wisconsin dells, wi
Cindy, You are doing great!!! You are only about two weeks more post than I am and I am not going to be at 75. I don't think you are a slow loser at all. Keep up the great work!! Tamara 321/257
gogeko
on 5/29/05 8:34 am - Palmer, AK
HI CINDY I REMEMBER SEEING YOU ON HERE QUITE A BIT WHEN I FIRST FOUND THIS SITE. ABOUT 5 MONTHS AGO. YOU ARE DOING GREAT. YOUR PROTIEN DRINK SOUNDS REAL GOOD. I WILL HAVE TO TRY IT WHEN I GET BACK FROM SURGERY. I FLY OUT TONIGHT. AND WILL BE IN SURGERY TUESDAY MORNING. YOU WERE ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO INSPIRED ME TO GO TO DR AGUIRRE. I ALWAYS ENJOYED YOUR POST. HOPE TO SEE YOU MORE OFTEN AGAIN. I WILL BE EMAILING YOU SHORTLY ABOUT GETTING ONE OF YOUR BRACLETS. TAKE CARE, CINDY
chunkable
on 5/30/05 1:54 pm - federal way, wa
awww thanks you guys. Just when I need cheering up to feel better about my loss there you all are. Good luck in your surgery Cindy I know you will do great, your in great hands. He will take good care of you. You all are an inspiration to me also. I read the posts all the time but don't always have the time to respond to each one but I will try much harder to keep in touch. I will be around more I promise. Im not sure if im going to be able to make it to the reunion but I will try. Starting a new job makes it a little hard to say hey I need a day off lol. I will see what I can do though. Thanks for everything guys. Big hugs to you all. I love ya.. Cindy
GW
on 5/29/05 9:20 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Cindy! I think you are doing great! 75 pounds is awesome! I am hoping to be at 50 at my 3 months, but don't know if I will make it not. My 3 month anniversary is only this Saturday and I have been at 42 pounds for a while now. Your recipe sounds great and I will try it! Thanks for sharing! Genie
Cheri Moran
on 5/29/05 10:15 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Cindy! It was good to hear from you again, I had been wondering why I never saw your posts anymore. Life does get hectic at times but isn't it a lot more fun now! I think most of us think we are slow losers, I know I did. However, the pounds just keep coming off and before you know it you are at goal. All along I told everyone I was a slow loser but by the time I hit my one year anniversary, I had reached goal and lost 120 pounds. I was amazed! I think you will find in the long run, the same thing will happen to you. Your protein drink sounds like it would be good, if you like coffee. I've just never been able to acquire a taste for it. I always liked my caffiene cold - tea and Diet Dr. Peppers. Now I drink decaf tea but still haven't had any DP. Keep up the good work, you are doing great! Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views