BUMMER

Allison R.
on 5/27/05 2:05 pm - Georgetown, IN
Well, after meeting with the contractors today - I have to postpone my surgery for a few months. There were a few things that popped up and the house is going to cost more to build than we anticipated so I will be a few thousand short for the surgery I am really bummed out because once my husband said that I could do it, I jumped and got my surgery dates, plane tickets and everything and now this. I am so sad. But he PROMISED me that I would have it done before this year is out. He is opening his restaurant July 1, so I guess it really wasn't such a great time to do it. I am going to save every penny, nickel, dime and quarter to have this done. We have put almost every penny we have into this restaurant. It is such a scary thing - I just hope that it is successful. Please send prayers my way. Patty - I will be thinking of you when you have your surgery - I was looking forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I will still be here everyday reading what everyone has to say about their experiences. Allison
Shartee
on 5/28/05 3:51 am - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Allison, I know how bummed out you feel at this moment; I have been right where you are at this moment. There are a lot of us on this board that have had to postpone surgery for one reason or another and it's not a good feeling. I was like you, had my plane tickets the whole bit (Nov 2004) and then BAM!! What a let down; but I believe that everything happens for a reason. I have not, as yet, been able to reschedule my surgery due to financial reasons. However, my very best friend from England has given me permission to sell her vehicle (here in the States) and to take the proceeds to have my surgery!! I am sooooooo fortunate to have such a wonderful "angel" for a a friend. She was just here a week ago and brought the title to her car with her so the car is now out on a main highway with a for sale sign on it. Hopefully, within the next couple of weeks I'll be able to schedule my surgery. I'm sending lots of prayers and hugs your way. Don't ever stop believing in your dream or in yourself. With all the support and prayers from all the wonderful people on this board, I know it won't be long before your surgery is rescheduled. Take care of yourself. Hugs, ~Sharon~
Allison R.
on 5/28/05 4:11 am - Georgetown, IN
Sharon, Thanks for the words of encouragement! I am hoping that by September, I will still be able to have this done. As soon as the house is build and the restaurant is opened, we will have a better idea of where we stand. Allison
Boomma
on 5/29/05 6:15 am - Osceola, WI
Allison, I have my surgery scheduled for September 16th.....maybe we will be there together! My prayers are with you for everything to get ironed out and a very successful restaurant!
pattycake
on 5/28/05 12:54 pm - macon, GA
thanks allison. i am going through a lot right now too right before my surgery. wednesday the police called me and told me that my x-husband shot himself in the head and blew his brains out. my children were very close with him. he used to pick them up every day from school while i worked all these crazy hours saving uo for this surgery. this is such a horrible horrible thing. they would not even let me go into the room. he didn't want to do it at his house, so he checked himself into a motel and put me down as his emergency contact. i have been devastaed by this. there is a funeral and all sorts of arrangements and his famiy is out of state in indiana. i have to also above all else take care of my two poor little boys who lost their dad. luckily i have a really close church family who has really helped me with talking to the hildren, but it is so so hard. sorry for venting, but this site has helped me though so much... so why not this too. please keep us in your prayers. love patty by the way... this has nothing to do with my surgery on the 9th. the only difference is that i don't want to leave my boys behind when they need me so so much so one of my girlfriends will take the boys out to meet me after surgery. they will be with me during recovery.
Allison R.
on 5/28/05 1:13 pm - Georgetown, IN
Oh Patty, I am so very sorry - what a terrible thing to happen to you. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you and your children. It takes a post like yours to put things in perspective - my problems are nothing in comparison. Please take care and if you need a shoulder, feel free to e-mail me. Allison
sue_f
on 5/28/05 2:33 pm - Portland, OR
Patty, Please accept my condolences for you and your family during this tragic time. I am so very sorry. I will keep you and your boys in my prayers.
Boomma
on 5/29/05 6:20 am - Osceola, WI
Patty, what a devasting thing to happen for your boys and you. I have first hand experience in this with my father so I completely understand. If you need anyone to talk to, please email me! I am so glad you have a close church family. That is so important during these sad times. My prayers are with you and your boys. My God help them to understand and heal and never think to blame themselves.
GW
on 5/29/05 9:24 am - Weatherford, TX
Oh Patty! I am so sorry that this happened. What a tragic thing! I lost my mother to suicide so I know the pain, guilt, (even if it isn't deserved) and all those other emotions. Call or email if you need to talk! I am here for you! Take care. Genie P.S. I won't be home much this Memorial Day weekend, but I will be praying for you.
gogeko
on 5/29/05 11:53 am - Palmer, AK
PATTY, I AM SO SORRY. I WISH I COULD REACH OUT TO HUG YOU RIGHT NOW. THIS IS SUCH A TERRIBLE THING YOU SRE GOING THROUGH. I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU. LOVES AND HUGGS CINDY
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views