Getting VERY Cold Feet

Joan R.
on 5/27/05 10:06 am - Millington, TN
Well I will be leaving for Tijuana in 5 days. I wonder if I'm doing the right thing at my age (53). I do want to get my life back, but to tell the truth, I'm getting a little scared. I wouldn't tell this to my family, I wouldn't want them to worry or say I told you so. I am so glad I have a place I can go to just say things "out loud". Thanks Joan
GerrAnn
on 5/27/05 11:24 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Joan I want to send you big huggs tonight.. I understand a lot of the things you are thinking about.. I am 49 and I also wondered if I was doing the right thing.. Not only because of my age but because I knew that there were many other things that this money could have been use for.. But I realized that I am an important part of my family, and I needed to take care of myself so that I could be there for them. And I felt that being my age doesn't mean that you have to sit back and grow old.. I still have a lot of living to do.. This surgery has given me MANY years of my life back already..and I'm only 4 months out.. I feel like I have been reborn and I like it!!! So think of this as a gift to you and your family.. I'm sure they would like to have you around for a long time to come.. Good Luck. GerrAnn
Joan R.
on 5/27/05 4:15 pm - Millington, TN
Thanks Bunches,,,I really needed those words. you made my night. I don't feel so ..selfish...unsure...and old now. Joan
Cheri Moran
on 5/28/05 12:57 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Joan! I had my surgery less than 1 1/2 months before my 53rd birthday. I know I did the right thing! I didn't want to develop additional health problems as I got older due to my excessive weight. I am so thankful I was able to have weight loss surgery. I feel great and love being able to live life without being overweight anymore. It's ok to do something for ourselves and this is one of the best things you can do. However, you won't just be doing this for you, you'll be doing it for your family as well. Hang in there, you'll be so glad you made this decision. We will keep you in our prayers. Cheri
Boomma
on 5/29/05 6:24 am - Osceola, WI
Joan, I will be 59 1/2 when I have my surgery! I think it is normal to be a little scared...it's a big step. I am sure your surgery will be fine. I am saying a prayer for you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views