Band to Bypass

drinwi
on 5/27/05 9:16 am - Lap RNY 6/13/05, WI
Hello Has anyone gone from an adjustable band to a gastric bypass? I was banded in 1998 and it has had some problems, I'd like to move to a gastric bypass. My surgery was done in Monterrey by Dr. Rumbaut. He is a great doctor and person. I am hoping someone might have had this done. I'm also wondering how the support is when your surgeon is so far away. I live in southern WI near Madison and hope to find support and care here. I'd love to hear from any of you that have thoughts on this. [email protected]
TracyW
on 5/27/05 12:46 pm - Spring, TX
Look up my Surgery Sister Cindy Vickers she had her ban removed and had DR Aguirre do he RNY Tracy 375/262/200
chunkable
on 5/29/05 3:13 am - federal way, wa
Hi Renee Here I am your long lost sister. Yes I know all about the conversion and Im doing great so far. I also had problems with my band and dr aguirre removed my band for me before he did my gastric bypass. He explained to me really in detail about why the band doesn't work. It might work short term for some people but eventually after years he doesn't feel it will help the people keep the weight off for good. I had my surgery January 28th with dr aguirre and I've already lost 75.5 pounds Im so excited about my new life and am so happy that I have had no problems or complications whatsoever. Email me at [email protected] if you want to talk in further depth. Good luck to you hon, your making a good decision. Both dr rumbaut and dr aguirre are excellent doctors, it just depends on how much you want to spend. I put my trust in dr aguirre and he did a wonderful job. Hugs to you band buddy Cindy 335/259.5/165ish
Rickey C.
on 5/29/05 12:08 pm - Benton, KS
Hi, I was banded in Oct. 2003 and I had to have it removed in Dec. 2004 because it eroded. I am looking into the RNY in Mexico. I have been talking back and forth with a Dr. Zapata in Monterrey. It is going to cost me 12500. for everything except airfare. I am thinking about going July 14th. He said I would be able to come there on July 14th, have my preops that day and have surgery the next day. At first I was going to have to stay until the 25th but since my doc here in Kansas is willing to remove my drains, he says I can come home on the 20th and have the doc here remove my drains on the 25th. I asked the same question about lap band to RNY on Spotlighthealth.com, but I didn't get any responses. Good luck with whatever decision you make.
drinwi
on 5/29/05 12:45 pm - Lap RNY 6/13/05, WI
Hi again, I want to thank everyone for their good responses. It really helps to make me feel not quite so alone in all of this. What I hope to have happen is to only have one surgery, with band removal and RNY all at once. I'm waiting to hear from my surgeon regarding the whole thing. In a perfect world I'll be having surgery no later than mid-summer. Thanks again everyone for your support! Renee'
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views