6 AND A HALF HOUR FLIGHT

gogeko
on 5/27/05 4:59 am - Palmer, AK
I HAVE A 6.5 HOUR NON STOP FLIGHT HOME FROM SAN DIEGO TO ANCHORAGE AK. I NEED SOME RECOMENDATIONS FOR A MEAL TO PACK THAT WONT NEED REFRIGERATION. THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF AT THIS MOMENT IS SURGER FREE PUDDING CUPS. BUT THATS NOT VERY HEALTHY IS IT? I PLAN ON HAVING PROPEL WATER. THANKS CINDY
sue_f
on 5/27/05 6:19 am - Portland, OR
Well, you could take little cups of applesauce. And some of that special toast you can get in Ensenada. I can't remember the name--was it tostada bread? And you could get a cup of ho****er from the Flight Attendant and make some broth or sugar free apple cider. Is that a good start?
sue_f
on 5/27/05 6:20 am - Portland, OR
One more thing. I would assume they are offering a meal on a flight that long. Have you contacted the airline to see if they can offer you a special meal that might partially fit your needs?
Cheri Moran
on 5/28/05 1:08 am - Big Spring, TX
When we flew home, I ate Lite yogurt at the airport for breakfast. When I ate lunch on the plane I ate peanut butter crackers I made and put in my purse. I used low sodium Ritz crackers and low fat smooth peanut butter. It might be a little messy but you could get the flight attendant to bring you some ice water and you could pour that in a larger cup you carry on and mix up a protein drink using protein you have pre-measured. I guess that would mean you would need to make sure you had a cup, spoon, sandwich bags or small sealable container. An alternative would be to find a liquid protein drink you could pour over ice. Hope this helps! Cheri
gogeko
on 5/28/05 11:47 am - Palmer, AK
SUE AND CHERI, THANK YOU. YOUR SUGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. CINDY
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views