@2mos. to go and ????

DONNA RELLA
on 5/27/05 1:20 am - Uvalde, TX
How do you know what to eat, drink and which vitamins to take when you get home...also, how have the pcp's reacted to helping prepare or aftercare for mexico patients? My doctor is not very open minded.
gobelkys
on 5/27/05 1:37 am - MIAMI, FL
I told my pcp prior to doing my surgery, he was wonderful and sd he will follow up on my health. I so far have had 2 blood works and they have been good. You need to find a pcp that will work with you after you come back home. Good Luck! Belkys
GW
on 5/27/05 2:24 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Donna! My PCP is the best! He is so supportive and encouraging. He just told me to find out what he needs to do and he will do it. I told him that I would need blood work done every 3 months to make sure I am getting everything. No problem with him. As for the vitamins, I just read alot on this board and others to figure out what to take. Dr. Aguirre will also tell you to take a multivitamin for life. I do 2 Flintstone Chewables a day, B-12 sublingual, and a Viactive calcium chew daily. I bought some liguid adult vitamins, but they made me ! I am trying to eat all good stuff, and yes, protien, protien,protien FIRST! I am still learning from older post ops as well. Genie
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/27/05 3:26 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I take it this post means everything went well at the bank and you'll be in Mexico this August?!!!!! What day are you getting there? Cheers! Lorraine
gogeko
on 5/27/05 4:34 am - Palmer, AK
GOOD MORNING DONNA I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU GET A PCP THAT WILL SUPORT YOU ON THIS. I DONT KNOW YOUR AREA. YOU MIGHT WANT TO VISIT THE TAXAS FORUM AND POST A QUESTION AND SEE IF ANYONE THERE MIGHT KNOW OF A DR. IN YOUR AREA. I BOUGHT SOME LIQUID VITAMINS AT GNC. IT TASTES.... SO SO. BUT AFTER SURGERY YOUR TASTES MAY CHANGE. SO YOU MIGHT HAVE TO EXPIERMENT AROUND UNTIL YOU FIND ONE THAT AGREES WITH YOU. MANY WLS PATIENTS I HAVE TALKED TO USE THE CHEWABLE FLINTSTONES. ABOUT A YEAR AFTER SURGERY YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO TAKE PILL FORM VITAMINS AGAIN. I HEARD THIS FROM THE LADY AT GNC. NOT DR. AGUIRRE. I WILL ASK HIM WHEN I SEE HIM IF HE AGREES WITH THIS. IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. CINDY
DONNA RELLA
on 5/27/05 5:29 am - Uvalde, TX
well, the lady at the bank is very supportive and wants me to get approved, and it is her call, so i am hopeful!!! i spoke to the union again and was informed that it may still happen, so who knows... i just know i want to be prepared.
TTCromar
on 5/27/05 9:15 am - UT
My PCP wasn't supportive at all when I got home. He pretty much yelled at me for 20 min. (he acted like I had it done in the back room of a Taco factory). When he was done, I calmly said "what other option did I have?" Which sorta shut him up. He has now said that it's the best thing I could have done. He's so impressed, that he asked for Dr. A's info. You'll be fine and your Dr. will get over it. Tami~
DONNA RELLA
on 5/28/05 1:34 am - Uvalde, TX
Thanks for all the info... i did put a call in to my dr. and his assistant said that he will call me on Tues.
pattycake
on 5/31/05 2:01 pm - macon, GA
as far as your post op diet... a friendhad the surgery and her doc gave her a binder that has and 8 week diet that starts at liquid, soft and gradually lts you have a regular diet. also i called the the wish cente nad they sent me a bunch of free post op stuff. i'll give th infor if you e-mail me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views