Next Week......

Lorraine Wentz
on 5/25/05 6:04 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I'm having difficulties with my menstruation, so my OBGYN is going to go in and clean out my uterus. This requires general anesthesia. I've never been put under before...... Has anybody had general anesthesia while still over weight, for reasons other than WLS? I'm freaking out about WLS, but this has me rattled to the core........ This is all happening one week from today!!!!! Cheers, Lorraine P.S. I want to take this chance to apologize to the frequenters of this board for being a *itch in the thread that I'm sure everyone has read. I DO NOT apologize for what I said but I apologize for showing you a side of me that doesn't come out much. It sucks that being a *itch is so much fun!!
TracyW
on 5/25/05 6:36 am - Spring, TX
I have been put under while I was big and I did not have any problems, you should do OK. I do not think there is any need to apologize, I do not think that that post should have been posted here in this forum, I think that most of us all have done more research than what most people who's insurance payees for the surgery would (Hope that makes since) Tracy 375/262/200
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/25/05 6:40 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Tracy, Thank you. I really appreciate it. You're such a sweet heart. Cheers! Lorraine
gogeko
on 5/25/05 10:04 am - Palmer, AK
HI LORRAINE I HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH THIS PROCEDURE YOU WILL HAVE DONE NEXT WEEK. I TOO HAVE NEVER BEEN PUT UNDER. I WAS SLIGHTLY SEDATED FOR A COLONOSCOPY A FEW YEARS AGO. IF THINGS GO WELL FOR YOU PERHAPS IT WILL HELP CALM SOME OF YOUR FEARS OF HAVING THE SURGERY TOO. I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU. YOUR DEFENSE TO THE OTHER POST AND ALL OTHERS WHO DEFENDED IT TOO JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT MEXICO IS NOT A "BAD IDEA" FOR EVERYONE. BUT .......... IT OBVIOUSLY ISNT A PLACE EVERYONE SHOULD GO TO. SOME ARE JUST NOT MATURE ENOUGH TO GET OVER THEIR PREJEDICE. KEMAH'S POST IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF STREOTYPING. JUST BECAUSE THEIR IS ONE BAD EXAMPLE OF A DR. DOES NOT MEAN ALL MEXICO DR. ARE "BAD". IF WE RELYED ON STEREOTYPING FOR OUR DECSIONS THERE WOULD NOT BE A SINGLE AREA ON THIS PLANET THAT THAT IS SAFE. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER FOR HER TO GIVE A NAME FOR THIS HORRIBLE DR. RATHER THAN LABELING ALL DR. S IN MEXICO AS BEING "BAD IDEAS" IM PMSING TOO. LOVES AND HUGGS TO YOU. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER. CINDY
Molly Mae
on 5/25/05 1:46 pm - WA
Hi Lorraine! I am in the midst of the craziest week of my life (moving) but just had to come by and see what ya'll are up to! I was put under for having all my wisdom teeth out and did fine. I actually woke up feeling pretty good besides all the gauze packing my mouth, lol! My mom who is a heavier gal just got her bladder in a sling for incontinence (spelling?) and she did really well too. You will just feel so much better when you have all this behind you. It will all just be a part of your story in a short time! You'll do great! About the most annoying, irritating post of all time...my fangs totally were comin' out too!!! You did great! I get pretty impassioned when someone comes into our happy little forum and creates that kind of drama and then goes onto tell us how happy she is to have insurance coverage! I was like WTF? I just wish Latrisha Nickel would have popped into the forum that day! HA! We would still be reading that thread. take a peek at her profile if you haven't yet. It's a riot! Gotta go pack 10 more boxes, then I'll take another break! Hugs, Molly
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/25/05 2:22 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Molly, Bang, Kaleb and I are going to be in the Seattle area this December. You and I are just gonna have to meet for coffee. We should bring the kids and go to the Seattle Science Center or something. The last time I went to the SSC was in the fourth grade!! Ha! It's sad to think that soon I'll never have a Starbucks grande mocha frappacino ever again...... Starbucks......the life blood of my home state..... (sigh) Anyway! I'll survive! Yeah! We need to get some coffee! We'll have a grand pow wow I'm sure!! Cheers! Lorraine
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/25/05 2:52 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
P.S. I don't know about ya'll, but I am so totally stoked that Spongebob is back for another season!! He's such a sweet little sponge. He actually gives me a half hour of free time every day!!! Sweet sweet free time........
DONNA RELLA
on 5/25/05 3:09 pm - Uvalde, TX
Lorraine, i have been under plenty of times... breast biopsy, dnc, hysterectomy, gall bladder removal and wisdom teeth removal, you name it...i have gone through it...never any trouble for me. you will be fine...
GW
on 5/26/05 1:01 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Lorraine, I guess I am the exception to the others here. Now remember, you asked for our opinion but that is NOT to say this will happen to you! So, don't start freakin' out okay? I just want you to know what COULD happen and be prepared. With that said, here is my story........... I had surgery for a hysterectomy and bladder suspension several years ago. I did fine in surgery and recovery, but when they took me to my room, I stopped breathing. Fortunately my daughters were in the room and saw that I was blue. They called for the Dr. who put out a code and got me back. The Dr. said it was probably related to sleep apnea and being taken off the oxygen once I was in my room. Now, at the time I had not been diagnosed with SA and my whole family contributed it to other things that the hospital had done wrong. About 6 months later, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, so they could have been right. It still could have been what they did (or didn't do.....long story. Won't go into that right now.) Anyway, I am here and fine, so it all worked out. But, if you have any suspicions that you may have sleep apnea, either tell the Dr. or have someone by you at all times until you are fully awake. Now, that said, I am sure you will be fine. I sure hope I didn't scare you. I just want you to be prepared and be ready. You will be in our prayers! Genie
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/26/05 2:36 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Genie I need to hear these things so I go into this knowledgable. Thank you for telling me. I'll request that I be kept on oxygen until I wake up, just to be safe. I posted this question on the Q&A board, and also received some insightful replies. I'm still nervous, but my jitters have subsided significantly. At least this gives me a bit of preperation for WLS! Thank you all! Cheers! Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views