Breakfast/protien drink?

GW
on 5/24/05 5:05 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey everyone! Got a question that I guess I should know by now, but just want some input! I am not a morning person and it seems that I am always rushed to get to work in the morning. I know our protien drinks can count as liquid, but can they count as breakfast? It is so easy just to grap it on the go and drink in the car on the way in. I hardly ever eat breakfast, except on the weekends. I always drink it. Could that be why I am a slo loser? Any input? Genie
TracyW
on 5/24/05 5:52 am - Spring, TX
I would tend to say that doing a protien shake for breakfast would be fine, I am still eating 2 oz of carb select yougert for breakfast, this is something that I have done since I got home from surgery, but I also usually will drink a protien shake around 10 am on the weekdays. On the weekend if I do not eat an omlet I will have the yougert. I would defently say that you should not skip breakfast. Tracy 375/262/200
GW
on 5/24/05 7:29 am - Weatherford, TX
Thanks Tracy! I know I can trust you.................100 pounds! Wow! Who would have thunk it? Thanks again! Genie
gobelkys
on 5/25/05 3:09 am - MIAMI, FL
Tracy, you look wonderfull, you are doing so good, please pass on your secret. You have lost so much weight and the picture is incredible. I had to take my hand and close my jaw. Belkys
GerrAnn
on 5/24/05 6:33 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Genie Tracy is right.. NEVER skip your meals.. Bad Girl... I do just the opposite of Tracy.. I have my protein drink first then after my exercise class I come home and eat my carb countdown yogurt or whatever. I usually eat 3 meals and a snack or 2 depending on how hungry I get.. Working out everyday tends to make me hungry. You are doing great!! Keep up the good work. GerrAnn 245/198
GW
on 5/24/05 7:31 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey GerrAnn! If you count the protien drink as my breakfast, I don't skip meals. I knew that was a no-no! But it is just so hard since I went back to work to 'eat' breakfast. I can drink it in the car, no problem! I have signed up with a gym, but they won't open for another 2 weeks, so until then, I am on my own.......................................................................... Genie 270/229
gobelkys
on 5/24/05 8:47 am - MIAMI, FL
Hi Genie, You are doing great, I have been stuck in for the past 2 weeks in the same weight loss of 42 to 43, it goes up one and then down 1, figure that one out. This thurdays I will be attending a support group in my area, lets see if I get any new ideas, I will share it will all of you. take care, Belkys 226/183/102
GW
on 5/24/05 1:07 pm - Weatherford, TX
Hey Belkys! Long time no see! So glad to see you around again! You doing okay? Are you going to the reunion in San Antonio? Hope! Would love to see you again! Genie
gobelkys
on 5/25/05 2:51 am - MIAMI, FL
I would love to, but I dont think I will have the $. But I will despertly try to. You are still my surgery budyy no matter what. Say hi to hubbie for me. Belkys
GW
on 5/25/05 5:16 am - Weatherford, TX
Absolutely buddy! That goes without saying! FOR LIFE! How are you doing? Do you dump on stuff? I can eat almost anything, but then I have been good and I haven't tried any sugar or anything like that. The closest I got to a no-no food was an egg roll at Jack in the Box! OMG did it ever taste good! Have you had to go through your closet and get rid of clothes? Isn't that a wonderful feeling. I mean getting rid of them because they are to big. It used to be because they were to small! Hugs! Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views