PREVIOUS GALLBLADDER SURERGY/ CONSIDERING RNY

gogeko
on 5/23/05 1:49 pm - Palmer, AK
HI EVERYONE I HAVE A TWIN SISTER WHO IS SLOWLY CONCIDERING GASTRIC BYPASS. SHE HAS SOME CONCERS ABOUT THE SCAR TISSUE SHE HAS FROM A GALLBLADDER SURGERY SHE HAD 17 YEARS AGO. ITS ABOUT 8 INCHES LONG AND THE SCAR TISSUE SEEMS THICK. ALSO IT IS HERNIATIED. HAVE YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW BEEN ABLE TO HAVE THE SURGERY WITH THESE PROBLEMS? SHE IS AFRAID THAT SHE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO. THANK YOU CINDY
bonnied
on 5/23/05 2:19 pm - St. Albans, VT
Hi Cindy! Your sister can still have a RNY. Depending on the scar and hernia, she might have to have open surgery instead of lap though. Only the surgeon can make that decision. With a lot of scar tissue and a hernia, the surgeon could try a lap and convert to open if he has to, or go straight for open surgery. But it's very rare for them to not be able to do it at all for only those reasons. Bonnie
GW
on 5/24/05 1:21 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Cindy! I had open RNY just this past March after having a gallbladder removal 15 years ago. I had lots of scar tissue as well. Mine wasn't herniated though. I also had scar tissue from a hysterectomy! Double whammy!You didn't mention if your sister was considering wls in the states or SOB. I have read where Dr. Aguirre sometimes will scrape out scar tissue is it is excessive for no extra charge. Not sure about here in the states. But I would think that there would be a way for the surgery in any event. Our prayers are with her! Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views