Ok.. I'm going to do this.. by the end of June ;-) Question re travel alone

R N.
on 5/22/05 4:45 pm - Raleigh, NC
Hi Everyone: I have been reading your posts.. I want to thank you all for staying involved and helping the rest of us out there learn about what to expect. I am thinking of going with Dr. Rumbaut, although I'm not 100% sure yet. I saw that many of you went to Dr. Aquirre and are very happy with the end result.. In any case, I am hoping that I make the right decision for myself. I am a self pay so the price is an issue... as well as the travel costs from North Carolina. I may have to go by myself, has anyone else done that? R Niko
smithsharlene
on 5/22/05 10:59 pm - Gastonia, NC
I am actually leaving for Mexico on Wednesday, May 25th and my procedure will be Thursday the 26th. I have contacted people on the board that have traveled alone and they have assured me that all will be ok. I will let you know about my travel when I return.
Rickey C.
on 5/23/05 1:39 am - Benton, KS
Are you being banded, or doing rny? I am looking at a Dr. Zapatat right now in Monterrey Mexico for the laproscopic rny. The total price except for the airfare is going to be 12, 500.00. I found out about him through the patient coordinators at (www)ready4achange.com they are actually coor. for Dr. Sanchez but I guess they refer people who want rny to Dr. Zapata. I am hoping to go around July 14th. Good luck on your search.
bonnied
on 5/23/05 2:23 pm - St. Albans, VT
I am going with Dr. Rumbaut, surgery is scheduled for 6/3/05. I am so excited! With all the research I've done on him, I feel very confident! Best of luck to you! Bonnie P.S. I was thinking of transferring to the Charlotte NC area with my job. If you get a minute, I'd love to hear all about North Carolina! [email protected]
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/23/05 3:08 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Hi! There are many people here who have gone to Mexico alone and did ok. But as far as I know, they have all wished that they'd taken someone with them. If you do end up going on your own, try finding someone here that is going at the same time so you can have someone to lean on. Good luck!! Cheers! Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views