Why is the Fobi pouch not done here in my state?

sopralto
on 5/22/05 12:07 pm - WA
I am wondering how many surgeons are using the Fobi pouch for RNY? I had a stitched/sutured RNY myself and it seems the surgeons here do this and not the Fobi pouch. I am looking at surgeon's in Mexico for my daughter's RNY and wonder how this differs from my surgery? How can I find out how it works long term since she is 16? I know alot about my type of surgery. Do any MD's in Mexico do the RNY lap without Fobi pouch?
vickig
on 5/22/05 1:56 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
please pass this answer to me. I to am going to mexico(dr.aquirre)and emailed him with question. i will let you know what i hear.good luck. you're a great mom for checking into this for her!
Red H.
on 5/22/05 2:35 pm - Lebanon, OR
I have the Fobi Pouch since March 04. With this pouch, they place a silastic band around the bottom of the pouch. They said it keeps the pouch from enlarging. No chance of over eating or you throw up! Dr. Aguirre told me that Dr. Fobi places the END of the pouch into the stomach and sews it together. Dr. Aguirre said he Places the stoma at about 2/3 the way down and sews the two together. He makes a little tub thing and sews it. Good thing Im not a surgeon. I hope I am explaning this right. Dr. Aguirre could explain it better. He just says his way is better. Im not sure why, but my daughter had Dr. Aguirre do hers, so mine is different, I think just the band part and the placement of the stoma. Ive heard that Dr. Fobi teaches doctors to do his pouch all over the country. He thinks its best. Ive also heard that the Mexico Doctors do it their way and have great success. Ive had a lot of problems eating for over a year. I need to have the stoma stretched or dialated. Im looking into finding a Dr. around here for convenience to do it or I will have to fly to CA to Dr. Fobi. Im getting better every day. I am so glad I did this. If I had it to do over for my daughter, I would just save the extra $20,000 and take my daughter to Fobi in CA and stay in the States. Red Head
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views