has anyone ever heard of wls not working?

GW
on 5/23/05 12:20 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey there, Patty Cake! Did you get my email last week? I need your phone number-again! I know I know, I would lose my head if it weren't attached! I explained all that in my email. My internet is out at home, so I can only answer from work when things are slow. (very rare!) Now, on to your worries. It is so natural to be nervous of what we don't know. For example, childbirth. A first time mom is usually more nervous than those that have gone through it. She may have heard the stories, even watched videos, but it just ain't the same. Someone who has given birth knows what to expect. They know the pain involved, but they know that it as all gonna be worth it when they see that new little life. Same for you and this surgery. Will it hurt? Yes. How much? That is different for everyone. It may be anything from mild discomfort to flat out PAIN! Will it last forever? NO! Will it be worth it when you see that new life? YOUR NEW LIFE THAT IS? Most definitely! Everytime you walk further without breathing harder, everytime you bend over and don't think you are going to die, everytime you take a shower, toss out clothes that are to big, buy smaller sizes, watch your blood pressure go down, (or whatever co-morbidity you may have) etc......you will thank God that He allowed the way for this surgery. This time next year, you will be a different person. I am already seeing that I am having more confidence and energy. My health is tons better. Would I do it again as a self-pay in Mexico? YOU BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR I WOULD! AND NEVER EVEN BLINK! We are here for you, and praying for you. Take care and soon it will be all downhill ..................................................... In His love, Genie
DONNA RELLA
on 5/23/05 4:48 am - Uvalde, TX
Genie, What an encouraging message....you are truly amazing.
GW
on 5/24/05 5:00 am - Weatherford, TX
Aww, Thanks Donna! You just made my day! You are such a sweetie! Genie
sue_f
on 5/23/05 11:28 am - Portland, OR
Hi Patty, Don't worry! You WILL lose weight! My own weight loss has been on the slow side when compared to a lot of people (65 lbs in 5 1/2 months) but I feel GREAT! I am wearing size 14 (from 22-24), and am only 4 lbs away from being obese (from a bmi of 41.5). So, even though I lose only a couple pounds a week, I don't care. I have ease of movement I have not known in 16 years, and it is actually FUN to go clothes shopping now. And since I am losing a little slower, the clothes I do buy last a little longer. I have not heard of anyone who has not lost weight with rny, but have heard of some who did not lose well with the banding because they would still eat ice cream, milkshakes, etc. You will still have to follow the program, but it is easy because the "bad" food won't taste good anymore and the good food will. Good luck, and don't be afraid. Sue F
bonnied
on 5/23/05 1:08 pm - St. Albans, VT
This surgery works! The true key to long lasting success is COMPLIANCE! If you choose to suck down 800 calorie milkshakes instead of healthier food, then it won't work for you. You'll lose weight initially, but then gain it back. But if you can make good food choices, than you'll be a loser, it's that simple! This is different, it's not a fad diet and it's really hard to mess this one up. I personally know 5 people who've had WLS, and most of them make some pretty bad food choices, don't exercise and have still lost tons of weight! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Best of luck, Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views