31 lbs. and losing!!!!!

richardwidman
on 5/20/05 4:55 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi everyone, I haven't had use of the internet for a couple of weeks, hence I have not posted. Here's the deal. I had a tough time after surgery, and a few minor complications since I came home. I have however lost 31 pounds in 22 days. I am so encouraged and excited about the new life I am embarking on. I thank you all for your prayers and support. I have a question. My site is still sore. I think it is because of this blasted cough that I can't seem to shake. Woke up the other morning and coughed really hard, felt like something gave way inside, but there is no discoloration, Just pain. I will see the doctor next week. Had a couple of serenomas, no big deal just a little messy. Richard
Shartee
on 5/20/05 7:16 am - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Richard, It's great to see you back on the boards and even better to know you're now on the losing side!!! Congratulations!! Unfortunately, I'm not able to offer any insight into your cough/pain as I'm still pre-op. However, I wish you the best and I'm very happy to see you back. Your new life has just begun!! The best of everything to you and yours. Hugs, ~Sharon~
Molly Mae
on 5/20/05 7:17 am - WA
Hugs Richard and welcome to the losing side! Sounds like you are holding up well despite all the little things that are trying to get you down. Good job! I am glad you are going to see the doctor regarding your site soreness. That is a good idea! Just keep wearing that binder is my only advice. take care! Molly
Rickey C.
on 5/20/05 8:12 am - Benton, KS
did you have your surgery laproscopically or open? Where did you have it done? i'm glad you are doing so well, hopefully everything is OK afer the cough. Take care and good luck on your journey.
gogeko
on 5/20/05 9:14 am - Palmer, AK
HI RICHARD ITS GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. SOMEONE GAVE ME SOME GOOD ADVICE THE OTHER DAY THAT MAY HELP. THEY TOLD ME TO GET A BIG TEDDY BEAR ( A FIRM PILLOW WILL WORK TOO- BUT TEDDY BEARS ARE ... MORE CUDDLY ). WHEN YOU FEEL A NEED TO COUGH CROSS YOUR ARMS OVER THE TEDDY BEAR AND CRADLE IT CLOSE TO YOUR SELF FIRMLY AS YOU COUGH. THIS SHOULD TAKE A LOT OF PRESURE OFF OF THE SORE TUMMY MUSCLES AND NOT SPLIT YOUR INCISION AREA OPEN. EASE OUR MINDS AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING AFTER YOU SEE YOUR DR. TAKE CARE CINDY PS THAT REMINDS ME I NEED TO GO GET ME ONE, ..TEDDY BEAR THAT IS. ITS ALMOST TIME FOR MY SURGERY.
TTCromar
on 5/20/05 10:42 am - UT
Hey Richard: Good to hear from you again. Congrats on the weight loss!!!! I'm sorry for your pain and coughing. My insides hurt for about a month and 1/2. The only help i really got (please don't think i'm crazy here) was from drinking "zango juice". It acts as an anti inflamitory and as soon as i started to drink it, my insides stopped hurting. I wasn't a believer in it and only took it cause a friend gave me a bottle to try, but i was amazed when it actually helped. I ended up drinking the first bottle and buying another one. When i was done with the second bottle, i quit drinking it and the pain has been gone ever since. Hang in there, it only gets better Tami~
Rickey C.
on 5/22/05 10:09 am - Benton, KS
where does one find zango juice?
TTCromar
on 5/22/05 1:19 pm - UT
Hey Rickey: I get it from a girl localy, but I found a web site that sells it for the same price I got it at. They don't charge for shipping either. (http://www)perfectmangosteen.com/ Best of luck! Tami~
GerrAnn
on 5/20/05 10:59 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Richard Just wanted to say welcome to the loser side. Sounds like you've gotten some good advice on how to control the pain of your cough.. I know that the baractric surgeons there in Vegas give out the teddy bears to there patients after surgery... Must be part of that $30,000 surgery huh...lol Get better soon, everyday is a new day. GerrAnn
Allison R.
on 5/21/05 7:05 pm - Georgetown, IN
Richard, I have not had surgery yet but wanted to say congrats on your weight loss! I hope your cough gets better - keep us updated! Allison
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views