Dr. Aguirre

Allison R.
on 5/20/05 8:59 am - Georgetown, IN
Lorraine, That is such a sweet offer! I actually may take you up on it. I am going to work on my husband a little more and try to get him to change some things around and go with me. If not, I may go for the first of August. Allison
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/20/05 9:15 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Let me know how things go!!!! Cheers! Lorraine
Sunny L.
on 5/20/05 11:57 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Hi Allison--Congrats on your rapidly upcoming surgery! It will truly change your life. I was going alone. Two friends decide to split the time between them and go with me. My surgery was a month ago today. I will be completely honest and tell you that I could NOT have made it alone--not showering and dressing, getting appropriate foods, or even the flight home on day 10--I was just too weak. One recommendation, if your hubby cannot go, is the Hotel Posada El Rey Sol. It's completely wheelchair accessible, as is almost all of downtown touristy area. (I am a rehab counselor and notice these things everywhere I go) They are very used to accommodating the passengers off of the cruise ships that come in 3-4 days per week. Perhaps your mom could go with you. The two-bed rooms and baths at Posada are plenty big enough for her to get around in. Best of luck to you--it would also be amazing to go with a terrific 'surgery buddy' like Lorraine! I so enjoyed my little bit of time with my buddy, Tera! Hugs--Sunny
TTCromar
on 5/21/05 12:36 am - UT
Hello Allison: I'm so excited to hear of your upcoming surgery. I know that Ronda is going to be down there June 8th for her surgery and I believe there are a couple of others that will be there as well. My husband came with me and stayed for 5 days as well, after that my friend was there, but I would have been ok at that point by myself. The hotel Coral is nice and they are so good to Dr. A's patience. It would also be accesible for your mom if she decided to go. They have wide halls she could drive her scooter in and elevators. It's not right down town, but it was so beautiful and the people so nice it really didn't matter to me. Best of luck in your Tami~
DW
on 5/21/05 3:04 am - Galveston, TX
Hi Just an idea if you are trying to save some money, we booked an inexpensive hotel for the night before my surgery and for the time I was in the hospital, total 3 nights......when I got out of the hospital we went to a nicer place. My hubby just wanted to be close to me and have a place to sleep and shower, we stayed at the El Cid for 45 a night and afterwards moved to the Coral Marina but we saw the apartments and I thought they were really nice and I travel alot. My entire experience was exceptional. Good Luck Dot
SandiBeach
on 5/21/05 4:42 am - Northwest USA
I did what Dot did (DW). I stayed at the El Cid (AKA Best Western) the nights before surgery(really cheep $45 a night). After surgery I stayed at the beautiful Hotel Coral($99-$125 A NIGHT), I loved it there. There is a lot of room to move around and is just very serene by the marina. I hope you find what is best for you! All the best!
Allison R.
on 5/21/05 10:58 am - Georgetown, IN
Hi! I have lots of updates! My surgery is definately set for the 8th - plane fare is booked and hubby is going with me until the 13th! YIPPEE! I will fly home on the 16th - I think I will be able to manage just fine for those last few days. If Ronda is going then, I would love to get to know her - can you point me to her profile so I can e-mail her? Thanks so much for everyone's input! I am very excited yet nervous too. Allison
pattycake
on 5/21/05 1:13 pm - macon, GA
i will be there from the 8th through the 17th. i will have sugery on the 9th right after you. i will be in mexico until the 17th. i will be staying at a hotel that rosella booked for me. i am thinking of staying at the el cid for the first night before surgery becuase they say it is really cheap, but after surgery i want to tay at the nicer place she booked for me. it's called something del sol. not sure of the name.
Red H.
on 5/21/05 3:53 pm - Lebanon, OR
Hi, We went in March. We could have NEVER done it alone. With that much surgery, no energy and hurting, we needed help. Lots of help. If I could redo it, I would have my husband sit by the bedside the entire time at the hospital. My experience was not wonderful. Red Head
Allison R.
on 5/21/05 6:59 pm - Georgetown, IN
I just wanted to say how great this forum is! My husband is going with me and I just found out that someone else was going alone and having surgery on the 9th. My husband is absolutely AWESOME and he will be more than happy to help us both out. My husband is going to be with me at the hospital the ENTIRE time - he isn't even going to get a hotel - he is going to sleep in the recliner there. I am blessed to have such a super guy - with all that is going on with his new restaurant opening in July and his EXTREME fear of flying - he easily could have told me to wait until September to have this done. He knows how important this is to me and is so supportive. Allison
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views