Dr. Aguirre

Allison R.
on 5/20/05 4:27 am - Georgetown, IN
I know this has been covered and re-covered but I don't know where else to turn to for questions and answers. I am thinking about choosing a date very soon - like mid-June. I want to take someone with me but I can't seem to pull it together so I am seriously considering going alone. My husband is opening a restaurant/pool room July 1st so he has too much going on to go with me - he is freaking out about me going alone. I have had him read some profiles which has eased his mind a bit. Those of you that have gone alone - do you regret it? Please take the time to respond to me and let me know your experiences as it will help me to decide what I want to do. My husband wants me to take his sister with me but she is a total big mouth and I don't want her causing any problems for me there. I wish that I could find someone who is going around that time to meet up with and give each other support. Any replies will be appreciated. Allison
SandiBeach
on 5/20/05 6:20 am - Northwest USA
Hi Allison, I can only speak for myself... Yes, I went alone to Mexico to have open RNY suregery w/DR Aguirre. Yes, I regret it(going alone). No, I would never go alone, knowing what I know now. I am more than 2 years post-op, and things may have changed since I went to Mexico. I know other's have had better experences alone than I did. Going alone, was and still is, my BIGGEST regret ever. I wish you the best journey ever. May God bless you and your family.
rjh729
on 5/20/05 8:05 am
Hi Allison, I also am a patient of Dr. Aguirre who went alone. My husband came out to help me home after the surgery and I don't know how I would have done it without him, but if I had to do it all again, I would have had somebody with me the entire time. For me being alone was very difficult. Yes, I made it through but I wouldn't suggest it to anybody else. Best wishes.
Dinka Doo
on 5/20/05 8:33 am - Medford, OR
I'd take the advice of those who know - don't go alone. But the thing is, Dr. Aguirre is usually booked up farther in advance than that, so I would warn you not to set your hopes up on mid-June. You may not be able to get a date until August.... Dina
Allison R.
on 5/20/05 8:43 am - Georgetown, IN
I have been in contact with Rosella and she has given me dates in June and July - I have just been torn as to what to do. I think I may have my husband go with me for 4 days and then manage the rest myself - that my be an option. My mom wants to go with me but she has a terrible time walking (she uses a scooter) and I don't know how she would manage there. Allison
GerrAnn
on 5/20/05 10:53 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Allison I had surgery with Dr. A on Feb,1,05. My husband was there with me for 5 days and then he had to return home to run our business.. The most important thing for me was to have him there before and after surgery.. I know that he was glad that he came because he said that I got a little out of control when coming back from the meds..The doctors called him down to be with me. He thought that I had some how gotten amnesia or something because it took a long time for me to know who he was... But he wasn't that lucky!!!lol But any time a person has a serious operation they should have there loved ones close by if possible. After I had time to heal, I felt comfortable enough to have him leave..It gave me a few days to myself to catch up on a good romance novel and visit with some of the patients that were coming in for surgery..Rosella checked up on me several times, and Bambi got me safely to the airport and I was on my way home. Good Luck GerrAnn
Allison R.
on 5/20/05 11:08 pm - Georgetown, IN
Thanks to all of you for your great responses! It helped me make my decision. I am going to have hubby come with me for 5 days (like GerrAnn) and then do the rest myself - if I run into problems, he can stay the remainder of the time. I really appreciate all the info - I had every intention of going alone but your experiences changed my mind and made me make a more informed decision. It is better to have him there and not need him than to need him and not have him - LOL. Thanks a bunch guys! Allison P.S. Rosella e-mailed me back today - the 8th is still available but Apt.1 isn't - is Apt. 2 really bad? I told her to book me in Apt. 2 for 3 days and then I will move to the Coral hotel - or do you think I would be better staying in one place?
GerrAnn
on 5/21/05 1:05 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Allison I stayed in apt 2 while down there.. Im not sure what the problem was suppose to be..?? Think someone said that it was darker or something??? I was just fine with it.. Plus having the kitchen helps if you don't feel like going out. I'd ask Rosella who will be in apt #1 and get yourself a buddy.. That bond you make with your surgery buddies is priceless. But I went to visit with Tami at the Coral hotel and it is a beautiful place.. I'd love to go there for a couple days with the hubby and relax and enjoy the bay. I do think you will get more help from rosella if you stay in the apts once your hubby leaves.. Just a thought. GerrAnn
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/20/05 8:55 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Allison, If you feel going alone is your only option, then try and get a date around the 5th of August. That is my surgery date, so if you can get something around that time, I can be there with you! Rosella sent me an e-mail on April 27th, and these were the available dates in August that she gave me: 3rd, 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 30th and 31st Obviously the fifth is taken, and I don't know who else has booked up any of these dates, but at least you have an idea! I would consider going on my own if I didn't have any children, but I do and it's unthinkable for me not to see my son for 11 whole days. But I would make sure I knew someone that was going to be there the same time. It's important to have support during something like this. Best of luck, and let me know how everything turns out!! Cheers! Lorraine So if you can wait till August, set a date then, and we'll go through this together!! Cheers! Lorraine
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/20/05 8:56 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Not really sure what happened there!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?