ACK Hair Loss

GerrAnn
on 5/19/05 5:15 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Belkys Glad to see you posting again.. Sounds like you are doing wonderful.. I guess that the hair loss thing is just a part of this whole journey.. Oh well I'd still do it again.. I don't have a GNC in my small remote desert area so I will have to run to the walmart in town.. Suppose to be 110 here this weekend so I plan on staying in the pool all weekend and not worrying about my hair falling out.. I will just let it turn green from the chlorine..lol GerrAnn
klnbaker
on 5/19/05 9:05 am - Gresham, OR
Hi GerrAnn Yep! That could have been me posting about 2.5 months ago. Actually, I DID post the same question. I got some Biotin from GNC Stores and it has really helped. Matter of fact, my hairdresser told me I had new hair growth. I took 2500 mg in the morning and another 2500 at night along with ferrous glucanate. It cost about $23 a bottle. Don't worry......this too shall pass! Kathleen
GerrAnn
on 5/19/05 10:16 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Kathleen Thanks for your imput Kathleen. I've been wondering how long the hair loss will continue.. 3 months ??? 4 months ?? Any ideals? It has already been one day too much for me... I will check with my local walmart tomorrow and see if they have it. What is ferrous glucanate?? That is a new one for me. GerrAnn
pinkpetunias
on 5/19/05 10:19 am - Duvall, WA
Hi Everyone, I have to tell you that everyone I know that has had this surgery has had the hair loss problem. One of my friends was almost bald on top. I don't want to brag but I take Juice Plus supplements (all natural fruits and vegies) and I never lost any hair!
GerrAnn
on 5/19/05 11:28 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Canela Ah yes I remember you posting information on Juice Plus a couple months ago.. Why do you think it helped you retain your hair?? And how do you think it will help me after the fact?? I have never heard of this product until you brought it up before. I would be interested in knowing more about it if you can help me. Thanks.. GerrAnn
TTCromar
on 5/19/05 1:01 pm - UT
Hello my friend!!! I too am loosing hair by the handfulls. In fact....i can see my skull through my hair...it's so sad. If this keeps up, I'm buying a wig or something. IT'S HORRIBLE!!!! Believe me when I say, I'm not going to the reunion BALD!!! I'm going to try everything that's been suggested here...I'll try anything at this point. I've also heard that "Rogain" for women really helps. I haven't been able to find it anywhere....but I'm out searching. Let me know if you find anything that works. Love and miss you all!!! Tami~
GerrAnn
on 5/19/05 11:48 pm - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Tami Maybe we should all start a new fashion trend and shave our hair off. I know how you feel.. I just keep thinking PLEASE don't let this happen to me. But I feel better being in such good company.. It is part of this whole journey that we all knew we would have to face but just didnt want to.. I haven't gotten to the point of it falling off in big handfulls yet.. That is probably tomorrows cry for the day..lol Huggs to you my friend.. See you soon. GerrAnn
Cheri Moran
on 5/19/05 1:36 pm - Big Spring, TX
Hi GerrAnn! I'm sorry you are losing your hair but "welcome to the club." There are a few that don't have this problem, but they are few and far between. Fortunately, I have thick hair. I lost it by the handfulls for about a month to six weeks. I actually lost hair for three months in all. After a while it stopped. My hair loss was during months three to six. I got my hair cut short so it wouldn't be so noticable. My hairdresser told me it has grown back in now. Of course that was before I had the two surgeries last month. Guess what, my hair is already starting to come out again. It isn't too bad yet, but I'm afraid it will get worse. I thought you might like to read the information on the following site that explains hair loss. I found it to be very interesting and helpful. (www.) intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/9339/10836.html Cheri
GerrAnn
on 5/20/05 12:58 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Cheri Once again your input is something that I value.. But I must say that as much as I love all you guys, this is one club I would have loved to stay out of!!! I will check out the site you posted. Thank you once again for all your support to this site and your knowledge.. Hope that you are feeling better and that this is the end of your problems. GerrAnn
gogeko
on 5/20/05 4:06 pm - Palmer, AK
HI GERRANN I TALKED WITH A LADY TODAY WHO WORKS AT GNC. SHE SAID BIOTIN IS GOOD FOR HELPING WITH HAIR LOSS. BUT SHE VERY FIRMLY TOLD ME THAT WE NEED TO MAKE SURE WE ARE GETTING 60 TO 90 GRAMS OF PROTIEN IN EVERY DAY. THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO AVOID HAIR LOSS OR AT LEAST REDUCE HOW MUCH YOU WILL LOSE. I THINK I WILL TAKE THE BIOTIN AND ALSO MAKE SURE TO GET IN AS MUCH PROTIEN AS I CAN. HOPE YOU DON'T LOSE TOO MUCH MORE HAIR. CINDY
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views