ACK Hair Loss

GerrAnn
on 5/19/05 1:00 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Well it's that time for me... May 19th is the day I officially started loosing hair.. Makes me want to cry!! I don't have that much to spare.. Is there any advice out there for us who are loosing hair or to help those who are preparing for the surgery? Is there anyone who didn't have hair loss or does it just happen to all of us? I faithfully had my vitamins,calcium, and B12 since the surgery.. Also had my Unjury protein drink twice a day since the day we were allowed fluids in Ensenada.. Still hasn't stopped this dreaded day... BOO HOOO GerrAnn
vickig
on 5/19/05 1:07 am - CRAWFORD, GA
a girl at one of our support meetings said she kept loosing hair untill her 3rd year.it did become less as time went by . she also has thin hair. took all vitamins and protien. i've heard it' almost invevitable.i sure hopr i've been miss informed good luck.takr lots of biotin! remember it is all lbs
GerrAnn
on 5/19/05 1:39 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Vicki Let us all hope that we don't loose hair for 3 yrs!!! I don't have that much to give. That would really make me cry!! GerrAnn
tamara_b73
on 5/19/05 1:20 am - wisconsin dells, wi
Hey girl!!! It's good to hear from you! I am losing a TON of hair...handfuls every day in the shower. It is nuts! Don't have any suggestions except the biotin products from salons is supposed to help. My stepdaughter works at cost cutters and is picking me up some. Don't know if it will hel*****t but I'm gonna give it a shot. If I could lose the weight like I am losing the hair, I would be a very happy lady! Those darn pounds are getting stubborn already. The last three weeks I have stalled. 321/260
GerrAnn
on 5/19/05 1:45 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Tamara Well at least I know that I'm in good company.. Sorry to hear that you are loosing hair also.. We can all cry on each others shoulders.. I also heard of a pill form of biotin? Does you daughter think the product they sell is worth it??? Let me know. I'm a slower looser of weight then you are.. I think you are doing wonderful!! I am only down 46 lbs.. Took about a month to loose 3 lbs and get below 200.. I'm crawling at a rate of about a pound a week. Even the gal who is on Jenny Craig diet is loosing faster than me!!! Maybe we need the food log again.. Just a thought. Lots of Huggs to you my friend.. Keep up the good work. GerrAnn 245/198
vickig
on 5/19/05 1:54 am - CRAWFORD, GA
gerrann it's me again. i take the pill biotin. i'mnot kidding i get my hair done at cost cutter have for 6 yrs now.my hair dresser asked me what on earth do i eat. because my hair grows so fast. i heard to take it months before sx. to improve chances of keeping hair.i've heard it reallllly helps.ask pharmasist if you could cru**** and mix with food.pill is size of asprin . i get mine at walmart.hope this helps.
TracyW
on 5/19/05 2:10 am - Spring, TX
Yes I too am loosing my Hair... its not too bad just getting really thin.... Tracy 375/268/200
gogeko
on 5/19/05 2:34 am - Palmer, AK
IS IT OK TO ASK WHERE A PERSON CAN GET SOME BIOTIN PILLS AT? IS IT AVAILABLE IN MOST STORES OR PLACES LIKE GNC? CINDY
GerrAnn
on 5/19/05 5:10 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Vicki Thanks Vicki.. Ive heard many of the post ops mention it on here.. But did I listen to them?? NO.. I will p/u some next time I get to wal-mart to see if it will help after the fact... GerrAnn
gobelkys
on 5/19/05 3:13 am - MIAMI, FL
GerrAnn, I started taking Biotin 2500 from GMC a month before my surgery since I have the same thinning hair problem. I remember I had lots of hair loss @ about 3month from when I had my son (c-section). I think it has something to do with the epidural. I will be on 6/8/05, 3 month since my WLS and I feel I'm still losing some hair since about a week ago, but nothing like when I had my son. The ones I got at GMC are @ around $25.00 and are capsules you can open and put the powder in your food. Hope this help and please let us know what your choice was and whats the outcome of all this hair loss, hopefylly it wont take 3 years to find we are skinny and bald. Belkys
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views