:-S :'( :-S :'( :-S ...

Molly Mae
on 5/18/05 12:05 am - WA
Hola Amigos! ********************Whiney post to follow!!!*************************** I am a little disappointed in my progress (and hormonal, swallowed gum last night and hubby just left town on business). I know we are not supposed to compare but it is so hard! I am five months out and down about 60 pounds. This has made a wonderful difference in my health, confidence and quality of life BUT...I have been stuck at around the same weight for quiet a few weeks. What would you do? I am not really sure what exactly I should be eating and am feeling more than a little sad about this whole thing. I do not label myself a slow loser but do feel like there must be something I am doing wrong! Thanks in advance for all the help! Help! Molly
Dinka Doo
on 5/18/05 12:37 am - Medford, OR
First...... B R E A T H E Second....... Repeat after me: "I will sometimes have lengthy stalls..... I will sometimes have lengthy stalls....." It is nothing you are doing or not doing. It is normal. Your body is protesting and trying to hold onto it's reserves for dear life. Don't sweat it. I generally found when I stalled like this as soon as I had my period, I would suddenly lose a LOT all at once. Take heart, you will be fine!!! Dina
Molly Mae
on 5/18/05 12:44 am - WA
That is such a good thought...about the period! Come to think of it, last month on 4/27 I lost 4 pounds almost over night as documented in my profile. That was right after my period. Yay for Dina (the voice of reason, lol) hugs, Molly
tamara_b73
on 5/18/05 1:07 am - wisconsin dells, wi
I'm having the same thoughts Molly! I am so crazy scared right now because I am just not losing hardly anything anymore and I am only 3 1/2 months out! I have read the posts from others when they hit a stall and it seems like when it is someone else I can rationalize it as being normal, etc. With myself, on the other hand, it is scaring me silly! I did not lose at all for two weeks, then last week (when I was having my period!) I lost four pounds. Now I haven't lost anything this week again! I don't want to lose just four pounds a month at only three months out! I need to lose AT LEAST another hundred pounds (goal would be 125 pounds to lose yet). Waaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess we need to just hang in there, but it is really really hard not to be totally dissappointed and scared to death that this is going to be it. Hugs, Tamara 321/260/135
Red H.
on 5/18/05 3:22 am - Lebanon, OR
Molly, EVERY time, and Ive had a lot of them, that I came to a stand still in my weight loss.............my body was re-configuring and I was losing inches. Ive been at approx. the same weight for a while but down a size. Relax, it is happening! The worst is over............enjoy your results. They will continue! Red Head
sue_f
on 5/18/05 6:30 am - Portland, OR
Molly!!! You and I are really having almost mirror-image experiences. Wow!! I have been depressed the last couple weeks as well because I have been stalled. But, just today the planets aligned and I was down 2 pounds!! It seems silly to do a Snoopy dance over two lousy pounds when I have lost a total of 64, but I am! (I am also doing the waiting thing for my monthly visitor. Since the surgery, I have been rather irregular, but I think that is normal) Something I have been thinking about: Every time I stall for a week or two, it is at a former set point. You know how you can look back at times in your life and you know just what you weighed at that time? Because you sat at that weight for awhile? Well, every time I stall, it is at a former set point. And 190ish pounds was a set point for me for a long time. I suspect my body recognizes it and just wants to hang back a little while and reminisce old times before moving down the scale to the next former set point. Does any of this make sense? LOL Well anyway, do not despair. I am in the boat right along with you and I think we should just start singing camp songs and not worry about the scale for a little while. Then, when you least expect it, there will be movement. It always happens. Sue F. 253/189/150
Molly Mae
on 5/18/05 7:13 am - WA
Hey Sue! Hey Red Head (love the new pic)!!! Thanks for the words of wisdom! I usually am a very patient person but this is one area that is really trying me! Sue, it is so cool how we are so much the same in our journey! It does make sense what you are saying about the set point! These little scares and stalls really keep me on my toes with the water and protein program. Just makes me think...what would happen if I were to really slack off? GAIN!? That is such a scary thought. Thanks again! Molly
Candice E.
on 5/18/05 7:22 am - Lebanon, OR
Hi guys, I remember when Mom was losing her weight, She would Stall, and then she would eat a little more than normal and then the weight would dump off again, the more she eats the more she loses. I might only work for her but it is worth a shot.
cathy.fowler
on 5/19/05 12:29 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Molly, I don't feel like I'm losing as quickly as others. I'm down 50 pounds in (just under) three months. Of course, I'm not exercising as much as I should! I'm not eating exactly like I should! I'm not drinking as much water as I should! Gosh, do you suppose it's me??????? Anyway, I have decided that the weight will come off---it will just take a while. I have so much more energy. My clothes fit so much nicer. I think today----I will be happy with my success-----instead of my "I could have done better!!!!". If it weren't for this surgery and Dr A, I would be a lot worse!!!! Just hang in there---You will get there! Cathy Fowler
gobelkys
on 5/19/05 3:24 am - MIAMI, FL
I feel the same as you guys, for the past week or so I have been just the same. I go up and down a couple of pounds. Its crazy for me but I feel sometimes that this is it, that this is all I'm goin to lose. I hope not. I hope in a couple of month we will all be laughin at this. Belkys 226/184/102
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views