Follow up care in the US after surgery

Red H.
on 5/17/05 2:10 pm - Lebanon, OR
should of, could of, would of...........The idea of coming home and finding out that no one in my area will do followup care if they didn't do the surgery. I wonder what would happen if "as a condition of surgery" we asked the surgeon to set us up with a followup doctor or communicate with our PCP. When I had my surgery in CA, Dr. Fobi's office sent everything in my file to my PCP to include the complete surgery and pictures. BUT, if I have any problems in the future, I don't know what will happen. No one wants to touch me. I maybe would have to fly to CA for care. Same for a lap band fill....if the MX Dr. had to connect with a Dr. for fills in our area, I wonder if they would or could? Just thinking about the options...........! If this is not about the money... I would like to hear some reasoning from some doctors so we could better understand their position.
Dinka Doo
on 5/17/05 11:40 pm - Medford, OR
Well, I know Dr. Stewart in Ashland will see patients who had to have surgery from out of the area, but just not from local docs. I'm thinking there have to be some in the metro area that will take on out of area patients though. I am confused though - I thought you said you saw Dr. Aguirre???? What am I misunderstanding? Dina
jarrn03
on 5/18/05 12:31 am - Lebanon, OR
Her daughter had surgery by him. From what they told me Candice did have a doc that agreed to take care of her. I didn't have a problem with that. My doc agreed to follow me. There is a local surgeon near us who does RNY. I suppose you could call and talk to him if you needed something. I am not sure about the Fobi..you would probably have to talk with some one in the metro area. I think a lot of our local physician are not up to date on gastric bypass. Like anything as it becomes more common, as it is, they will have to. I just supplied mine with the info and what I needed to have done for blood work and she has been so wonderful and supportive. She is also following my cousin who is going to have it done soon. Julie
Dinka Doo
on 5/18/05 12:40 am - Medford, OR
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I got it now! Thanks for the clarification! Do a search for CJ Cody and email her. She lives in Cottage Grove and has a PCP that agreed to see her and seemed open to seeing others for the same afterwards. True, he's not a surgeon, but at least he was willing to do what he could. Dina
Red H.
on 5/18/05 3:08 am - Lebanon, OR
Dr. fobi did my surgery in California. My daughter had Dr. Augarie. My PCP is great but he is quick to tell me he can't do anything surgical and I would have to find a surgeon. He may be able to refer if I needed it. My daughters PCP told her the same. I agree, its not so common yet and they may not know what to do but it is becoming more common. I could fly to CA if I needed to but my concern is for my daughter if she needed help. We would just call Julie !!! Thanks for all your help Julie. You are great. Red Head
Dinka Doo
on 5/18/05 10:09 am - Medford, OR
Well, I know it's a few hours away, but I do know that Dr. Monte Stewart in Ashland will take you or Candice if either of you needed surgical care. Can't speak for the rest of the surgeons in Oregon, but this was straight from the horse's mouth as I also saw Dr. Aguirre and he is now my local surgeon for follow up. Hope that helps! Dina
GW
on 5/18/05 9:30 am - Weatherford, TX
My PCP knew about my surgery before I had it as we discussed it and he was very helpful in writing letters of medical necessity. He has agreed to keep seeing me. Cheri Moran, who lives in Texas, found a Dr. that does gastric bypass surgery that has agreed to do her follow up care. That Dr. is only 2 hours from me, so I am going to see if he is on our plan as he is more knowledgeable about the needs of gastricy bypass patients. Keep looking! Surely there is doctor by you somewhere who has a heart and genuinely cares for people, not just money! Good luck in your search! Genie P.S. I LOVE your picture! It is so nice to have a face with your name!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views