ITCHING ???????? ANESTHISIA

gogeko
on 5/17/05 8:56 am - Palmer, AK
I HEARD LORRAINE MENTION ITCHING FORM ANESTHISIA. AND I THINK IVE HEARD IT BEFORE FROM SOMEONE ELSE. NOW THAT I'M CLOSER TO SURGERY I'M MORE CURIOUS ABOUT THE ITCH. IS IT ACCOMPANIED WITH RASH OR IS IT JUST ITCHY? DOES IT OR CAN IT EFFECT ALL AREAS OF THE BODY? HOW LONG DOES IT LAST? AND DO CREAMS. LOTIONS OR ANTI ITCH SPRAY SUCH AS BENADRYL HELP? ANY ONE WITH EXPIRIENCE IS WELCOME TO ENLIGHTEN ME. THANK YOU CINDY
TracyW
on 5/17/05 9:53 am - Spring, TX
It is just an ITCH and let me tell you I itched EVRYWHERE!!! but it's really not that bad, luckily you're pretty well drugged up and I don't seem to remember it much by the 2nd day after surgery... Tracy 375/268/200
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/17/05 10:11 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Hi! Something in the anesthisia makes you itch. There is no rash, don't worry! It's just the drug playing with your nerves. I really don't remember anything except my face itching, but I had allot of other things going on around me and many more things going on in my mind. A new baby! I'm not sure if Dr. Aguirrre gives any medication to help with the itching, but when I had my son, they gave my something interveniously. It's not a terribly itchy itch, more like a tickly itch. You tend not to remember the things you feel from giving birth as they're quite painful, and again, because there's more important things to dwell on than the physical stuff! Cheers! Lorraine
sue_f
on 5/18/05 6:34 am - Portland, OR
There is something about having an epidural that can cause itchiness. I rembember the feeling when I had my last baby. It was not bad nor especially irritating, just sort of funny. I do not remember any itching at all from my surgery with Dr. Aguirre. Don't worry, it won't be anything to get excited about and you may not remember any of it anyway. Sue F.
Candice E.
on 5/18/05 7:33 am - Lebanon, OR
I had the ITCH too. It felt like someone tickling my face with a feather. It is just annoying.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views