Surgery in July??

Allison R.
on 5/16/05 11:42 am - Georgetown, IN
Is anyone having their surgery in July? I would like to have a buddy that I can converse with and share experiences and problems, etc... I think that I am taking my daughter (17) with me but I am not sure. My husband will be opening a new business in July and just can't manage to get away for 10 days. I may have him go with me for 3-4 days and then manage the rest myself. Any thoughts? I am really nervous about this but excited too. I weigh 220 pounds and I know that is not alot to some of you - please don't flame me. My grandmother ended up not being mobile and a insulin dependent diabetic at the age of 60 and my mom has also lost her mobility and is insulin dependent at the age of 60. I am headed directly in that direction and I don't want my life to be over at 60. Thanks for listening and any advice on what to take, etc.. would be greatly appreciated! Allison
Allison R.
on 5/16/05 1:28 pm - Georgetown, IN
I need to add that I am having my surgery in Ensenada with Dr. Aguirre. I havn't picked a specific date yet in July - I have 5 to pick from and was hoping to find someone else going at that same time. Allison
klnbaker
on 5/17/05 5:15 am - Gresham, OR
Welcome to the South of the Border Club, Allison. Nothing wrong with taking care of your health. I had my surgery in November 2004 and I could have managed by myself 4 days after surgery. My husband had to leave after 4 or 5 days. I was alone one day and then my son came down to stay with me and fly home with me. It was nice to have the company. Kathleen 257/175/140
Shartee
on 5/17/05 2:23 pm - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Allison, Welcome to South of the Border!! I'm "hoping" to have my surgery in July as well.I haven't picked a date yet as I'm waiting on the sale of a car for the bulk of my surgery funds. Hopefully the car will sell within the next couple of weeks and I'll be setting a date (fingers crossed)! I will let you know as soon as I get my date if it will be any time in July There is a ton of information on the board and I know any of these wonderful, kind people that have already had their wls will be more than happy to answer any of your questions or pass some very good advice on to you. The best of luck to you on your new journey!! Hugs, ~Sharon~
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views