Please respond with your feedback!

Boomma
on 5/18/05 4:31 am - Osceola, WI
Thank you for responding! You have done wonderful since your surgery and I hope I do as well!
y0maria
on 5/17/05 4:33 pm - CA
I had to have a major incisional hernia repaired a little more then four months after I had my RNY. Luckily I had a concerned PCP, a local surgeon AND insurance so that was taken care of without any problem. Right now I have an issue with my intestines and adhesions, because of the RNY. My PCP was able to give a diagnosis but I can't find anyone around here that will help me out right now because of their lack of knowledge. The local bariatric surgeons are scared to touch me. In the meantime I hope that the pain doesn't become intolerable or dangerous before I can find a solution. Worst case scenario I will end up in the ER lying my a@@ off.
GerrAnn
on 5/18/05 12:41 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Mary I feel your pain.. This is something that I worry about for all of us who had surgery "South of the Border". My question is what would a person do if they moved to another state and had a complication.. Do these baractric doctors feel that the only doctor that can treat you is the one who did the surgerys??? This is crazy.. Or is it that you went to Mexico to have it done??? I know that where I live my only option would be the emergency center. We have NO baractric doctors in town. I hope you get this taken care of.. I will keep you in my thoughts.. GerrAnn 245/198
y0maria
on 5/18/05 4:37 am - CA
GerrAnn, I honestly do not believe it is just because I went to Mexico. There is a well known bariatric surgeon in Oregon that has "done" alot of people where I live at in California. When, and if, they have issues they need to go back to Oregon because they don't get the support here. Another issue I have is because my insurance did not cover weight loss surgery, there are problems regarding coverage when it comes to complications as a direct result of the surgery itself. I lucked out them paying for my hernia repair because I had had other surgeries and even though they were years and years ago they couldn't say with 100% certainty that they didn't contribute to the problem. It's a chance we take and hopefully, for most of us, it will never be an issue. On the plus size, I did lose around 170 pounds. Most of it in the first year!
Boomma
on 5/18/05 4:40 am - Osceola, WI
There are plenty of bariatric doctors in my area....they just do not want to touch other patients! I find it funny that if you have a heart attack and one doctor operates and later you need heart surgery again another doctor will help you....why not bariatric!
Boomma
on 5/18/05 4:36 am - Osceola, WI
Oh my gosh....how did you find out it was adhesions? This is the one thing I worry about. I have insurance that should cover any problems after like hernias and adhesions, but how do you find a surgeon to take care of it? It seems ridiculous that other bariatric surgeons will only help their patients. Thank you for responding.
y0maria
on 5/18/05 4:41 am - CA
Judy, Because of the pains I have been having my PCP ordered a CT Scan and there they are. So..... now I know they are there. At least the pain isn't constant!
Boomma
on 5/18/05 5:44 am - Osceola, WI
I can't believe there's no doctor to help you. You are in my prayers. I'm glad the pain is not constant. Please let me know you are doing.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views