Can't beat this with a stick!

GW
on 5/15/05 1:52 am - Weatherford, TX
I had the most amazing weekend and just wanted to share with everyone. If my tongue wasn't hurting, it would have been perfect! Anyway, here is what happened: First, I went to a bunch of garage sales. After about 4 hours I will still feeling terrific. But, then, we passed by a bank. It said it was 86 degrees! I just about fell over and cried! Last year at 86 I would have been red in the face, sweating like a pig and insisting we go home! Not to mention I would never had made it 4 hours in the first place! I was so happy. I wasn't sweating, wasn't red, and wasn't TIRED! Second great thing: We did the garage sales all day long. About 2:30 we went to one that had some plus size clothing. The sign said clothing was $1.00 so I found 5 shirts that I liked. I am needing more clothes so that was the whole purpose of the day. When I got up there, she said $1.25. When she saw how puzzled I was she explained that they were getting hot and tired and didn't want to be out there much longer. They were now .25! You can bet I looked again. I ended up with over 10 pairs of pants, 8 shirts, 1 dress and a nightshirt for under $10! And they were all in very good condition! Yep, I must say this was a very good weekend. I just love this tool and thank God every day for allowing me to have it and for giving the Dr.'s the knowledge to do it. If you are pre-op and struggling, don't give up. Whatever you have to do to make it happen for you is so totally worth it!
DONNA RELLA
on 5/15/05 5:13 am - Uvalde, TX
I am so happy for you... i am so excited and just cant wait...
GW
on 5/15/05 8:13 am - Weatherford, TX
Thanks! I guess this was actually my first wls moment! I can't wait for more! Genie
Joan R.
on 5/15/05 1:17 pm - Millington, TN
You really did have a good weekend. My tongue was sore like that once. It hurt so much I don't think I'll every forget it, but it went away on it's on in about a week. Look and see if there is a tear at the base of the base of the skin that anchors your tongue down. Joan
GW
on 5/15/05 1:40 pm - Weatherford, TX
Nope, no tear! I think I will do a few of the suggestions that have been emailed to me. If it isn't better by Thursday, I will go in on Friday. (Gotta wait for a payday! ) Thanks for the reply though! Genie
Molly Mae
on 5/15/05 11:18 pm - WA
May you have many more wonderful wls moments! It sounds like you are a woman after my own heart with all that bargain shopping! OH! and Yep, it's gonna be a great summer huh? A lot easier to endure that hot Texas summer when you aren't lugging around all that extra weight! Hugs, Molly
TracyW
on 5/15/05 11:41 pm - Spring, TX
Way to go Genie!!!! I also can not get over how I just do not sweat like I use to, it is so nice to be able to go outside and not immediately start sweating. I only sweat now if I'm out working in the yard and anyone would be sweating then... I LOVE IT....... It is so nice to be able to go out and work in the yard and to be able to bend over and just pick something up off the ground or to be able to just bend over and tie my shoe... I'm glad everything is working GREAT FOR YOU.... Tracy 375/268/200
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views