JUST BOOKED MY DATE (6/21/05) WITH DR. A!!!!!!

tfrodrig
on 5/12/05 8:30 am - Riverside, CA
Hello South of the Border friends, Guess what!?!?!?!?....I just booked my Gastric Bypass Surgery date (6/21/05) with Dr. Aguirre!!!!! I am scared, nervious and excited all at the same time.... cant wait for my big day! Thanks, everyone for all of your help and info! Tina
Molly Mae
on 5/12/05 8:36 am - WA
Tina!!! This is wonderful news! Give us the whole scoop when you have time. Who is going, here you are staying ect... I know how you feel about mixed emotions. I felt kinda sick and overjoyed when I booked my date. Then that is all I thought about up until that day! Awesome! Molly
tfrodrig
on 5/13/05 9:35 am - Riverside, CA
Hi Molly and everyone, I was trying to get the surgery through a surgeon here in Southern California, the insurance company said that I had to be on a 6 month diet 1st so I found a PCP that specializes in weight mgt. this PCP coded everything to the insurance as "Obesity" so need less to say they would not cover it. I received a bill of 300. for the visit to the PCP and the surgeon then a few days later I received a bill for the weight loss meds (had to pay co pays too). Since my PCP required me to see a nutritionist the cost is not covered another 150.00 per class (2 classes a month)....so basically me insurance is not covering anything so far because it all has to do with obesity. By the time this 6 months is up and I pay my deductible for the surgery (it is still not a guarantee that I will get approved by the insurance)...it will all add up to what I will pay Dr. A. Stress, time, money....I would rather do it my way not the insurances way....ok enough whining, let me get back to the positive... My daughter (8 yrs...yes, she wants to go by her own choice) and my hubby will both be going, I will be staying in apartment #1 as you all suggested was the best one during the apt vs. hotel debate (thank you all for participating!) My hubby will be driving us around so I will not need transportation with Bambie (save some money ) My hubby knows a little bit of Spanish, enough to help us get by over there. With all of the positive comments I am sure that I am in the best hands possible with Dr. Aguirre. I kept telling my husband the whole time that I wanted to got to Dr. A because he is the BEST! Well, I think that is the whole scoop!!! Thanks everyone! Tina
GerrAnn
on 5/13/05 10:17 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Tina Congratulations on setting a date for surgery. Once you get past TJ its a nice drive down there.. My husband and I drove down in Feb. I even drove down to see the La Bufadora while there.. Make sure that you get your mexico insurance before traveling... Good Luck. GerrAnn 244/198
gobelkys
on 5/12/05 9:12 am - MIAMI, FL
Good for you Tina, you wont regret it, It's the best doctor you can choose, let us know where will you be statying and all the rest. If you have any question, you know we are here to help. Belkys 226/185/102
GW
on 5/12/05 1:15 pm - Weatherford, TX
Tina, That is so great! I am so excited for you! This is such a roller coaster ride, but one that you will NEVER regret! Keep us posted! Genie
Cheri Moran
on 5/12/05 1:46 pm - Big Spring, TX
Congratulations on getting your surgery date! I was on Cloud 9 after I got my date. Relax and enjoy the few weeks you have between now and then. You will be so pleased that you made this decision. I wish you the best in your weight loss journey. Cheri
Red H.
on 5/12/05 2:38 pm - Lebanon, OR
Tina, CONGRATULATIONS ! This decision is life changing........for the better. Everything gets better! I am happy for you. It's an exciting happy scared. You will be in good hands. Red Head
tfrodrig
on 5/13/05 8:57 am - Riverside, CA
Thank you for all of the support and kind words, it helps me to stay motivated and not give in to the negativity. I am getting more excited now but I know that my emotions will be up and down until it is time. I am sooooo appreciate you guys!!! Thank you everyone!!!!
vickig
on 5/13/05 1:14 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
congrats,tina don't leave out any details when posting later.best of luck v.g.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views