Change of Plans

lakerskobeb
on 5/11/05 11:08 pm - Canton, OH
Hello everyone, I would like to first apologize for my post the other day. I was extremly depressed and upset. After realizing that PFS did a horrible job with explaning their polices I came to the conclusion that this is not my time. I can not thank you all enough for your wonderful emails and commitment to making me feel better. I cried to my sister and my boyfriend for hours and we all agreed that this surgery just won't be able to happen for me in June, but that it will happen. Sometimes we wonder why things happen, but now I can fully say that they happen for a reason. I have just contacted Rosella and I will be having my surgery in January instead of June. It is only 8 months away and I have a lot going on this summer and fall. But I just wanted you all to know how truely blessed I feel to have friends like you. Patricia (my surgery buddy) and Genie and Tami (my angels) will always be there for me. And so will all of my other friends on this site. I probably won't post until I get a little closer to my date but just know that I am praying for each and every one of you. I know we have a lot of dates coming up at the end of May and in June. We also have some coming up in August. Although I won't post, I promise to check in to make sure my friends made it to the other side okay. For my dear friend Melissa, I want you to know that you are in my prayers and you will get this surgery done. It may not be now, but it will be just on time! I will update Genie on Patricia's surgery and let you all know how she is doing. Please know that I am here in spirit. For now I will live my life to the fulliest and be happy for everyday I am blessed with. I will continue to eat healthy and exercise. The only difference between me now and a few months ago, is that I can finally see the end of the tunnel and I know that I will be alright. Thank you so much for all of your help! Ronda
GW
on 5/11/05 11:29 pm - Weatherford, TX
Ronda, I am so relieved that you are feeling better and can get some perspective on things. When my surgery was cancelled in September for lack of funds, it was one of the worst times in my life. But I did try to remain focused on God and trust in His time. Well, in December I finally went to the Dr. I had been feeling very bad for a very long time, but didn't think it would do any good to go. Everything was always blamed on my weight and I was told to lose it. (Well, yeah! That's a good idea! I am trying!) Anyway, I finally went and was diagnosed with diabetes! I don't know how long I had had it, but I am so glad that I didn't go into surgery with it unchecked and running amuck in my body. I had time to get on medication and try to eat healthier. God's time was perfect and I was much healthier going into the surgery. Thank God He knows all about us and what is going on with us. It will soon be January, and I know this sounds hard to believe, but it will fly by. Christmas is just around the corner! I love you and will continue to keep you in my prayers. Take care, and call me anytime you need to talk, okay? Genie
Molly Mae
on 5/12/05 12:17 am - WA
Hugs Ronda! It is a hard thing to do...postponing your surgery. I did it at one point. I was originally scheduled for July and waited til mid-December. This gave me more time to finance it and also more time nursing my new born baby bundle of joy. So, in short it saved my heart from being ripped out! I am a firm believer in making things happen but NOT forcing them or it is not a God thing...it becomes about you and that is never good, lol! Good job making a hard decision. Your time will come!!! Molly
Shartee
on 5/13/05 1:29 pm - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Ronda, I can relate to what you are going through; seems there are quite a few of us who have had to postpone our initial surgery date. After almost two years, I am just now getting ready to schedule a date with Rosella. My funds are almost all there and I hope and pray everything falls into place. However, there is always the chance that they may not. But you keep your chin up and try to stay positive. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. I hope to see you here from time to time. Take care of yourself and never give up on your dreams. Hugs, ~Sharon~
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views