If I may mediate?

Lorraine Wentz
on 5/9/05 3:34 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
If I may mediate here? I read through the entire thread "mexico alone," every single post, and all I see is that there was a complete misunderstanding. Red Head, in my opinion, did not say anything to warrant a hostile rebuke. And Vicki, in my opinion, didn't mean to come off angry. It's amazing how a few words can spin emotions into a whirlwind of misunderstanding. It's extremely hard if not impossible to understand the entire meaning of someone's words when it's written and their face is not visible. And as great as these message boards and e-mail and computers in general are, once you hit send you can't go back. Words said in anger and haste can not be erased. So most of the time, we regret what we've done as soon as we've done it. I've been to many message boards on this site, and I am honestly amazed at how incredibly inviting and lovely the people of this particular one are. Read Head and Vicki please continue to post. We're all here for the same reason. We all want information and people's different aspects and opinions to help us through our journey. This is Vicki's decision to make and she just needs some friendly opinions to get her to the next stage of WLS. Cheers, Lorraine
Dinka Doo
on 5/9/05 4:22 pm - Medford, OR
Kudos Lorraine. I lurked through some of it earlier but came off with the same impression as you. I didn't see anything that Red Head said as being offensive....I thought she was quite nice. I do think Vicki got a little indignant sounding, but we are all entitled to bad days and misunderstanding intentions. The key is to move on and kiss and make up. With that said, I think I will go back to lurk mode. I don't have as much time to post as in the past, but I'm still out here in your rooting section....each and every one of you!!!! Dina
Joan R.
on 5/10/05 12:48 am - Millington, TN
I think you said that very well. I know ,as a pre-op myself ,you can get a little defensive. I have had my share of family and friends tell me I must be crazy or worse, that I sometimes take things the wrong way. I agree ,this is a wonderful site, and like family we may squabble a bit, but we are here for each other. Good job Lorraine Joan
Molly Mae
on 5/10/05 1:23 am - WA
Good Morning everyone! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Lorraine. You said it so well... Hugs, Molly
tfrodrig
on 5/10/05 5:38 am - Riverside, CA
I agree! Red head, please tell us you will keep posting...please, please, please!
Red H.
on 5/12/05 2:31 pm - Lebanon, OR
I will continue to post. You are all very helpful and Ive called out for help many times and appreciate all the replys. By the way, somehow someone just got my picture up but how does it attach to these postings. I never did intend to be faceless. I am just not as computer savy as some. Wish I were! Red Head
Molly Mae
on 5/13/05 3:57 pm - WA
Red Head! It is so great to finally *see* you! Molly
Red H.
on 5/12/05 2:33 pm - Lebanon, OR
Well Now ! There you go. A picture ! Red Head
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views