Missing-my-food Blues! There is hope!

rhionan
on 5/9/05 5:23 am - Lincoln, NE
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share an experiance and ask if any others have had it too. A few days ago I was very depressed and really had no reason for it. I thought about it for a while and finally figured it out. I was mourning my food. I was very much an emotional eater before surgery, but since I have had my hunger removed I don't eat to fill time or deaden emotions. It took me a few days to get over the blue feeling but I did deal with it, and I am so proud of myself. I am so happy I had this surgery! Has anyone else experienced this? Did you have trouble coping with it? Does it pop back up from time to time? Let me know your thoughts! Love and hope to you! Tera
GW
on 5/9/05 7:22 am - Weatherford, TX
Yes! Oh my, yes, yes yes! Sometimes I just want to take a huge bite of something! I do miss my friend, but I don't regret parting ways with her. She was out of control ya' know? I think I may have found a friend to take her place. Not replace her. No one can do that. But shopping and I are getting along pretty well these days. She is getting more and more fun as the pounds come off! Genie
Candice E.
on 5/9/05 7:33 am - Lebanon, OR
Hi Tera, Glad to here you are doing well, I was a little depressed after surgery, not missing food, just very sick and wondering why I had this surgery. Some people bounce right back and others have complications. Everyone is different , but you are going to do outstanding and you know you have us anytime. GerrAnn and Geanie and Julie have been so good to me, there is nothing you can't ask. Depression is normal, this is a life changing experience. I have noticed my Hair and skin changing. I've lost 44 pounds and I am so happy. Hang in there. It only gets better, Candice
GerrAnn
on 5/9/05 8:02 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Candice Glad to see you posting again.. Beware on the hair falling out. Just read 2 of my surgery buddies from the end of Jan are starting to see extra hair coming out in the hair brush.. Just cant imagine me bald and no front teeth... What a sight that would be...lol Actually I'm heading down to mexico tomorrow to get dentures or implants to repair the damage I did in my accident Tera... I think this surgery throws our hormones out of wack. I have noticed that since surgery NOTHING taste the same to me.. I'm sure they didn't take out my taste buds but everything has a blaw taste to me now. It has to be really hot and spicy for me to enjoy it at all, and that doesn't always work either.. I found that most of the foods that I felt I was missing taste YUCKY now anyways.. Well except for the chocolate mini donut I had last night (oops) Just couldn't stand it anymore and it was mothers day and my family is so far away... emotional eating, I know.. But before surgery it would have been the whole box or whatever.. GerrAnn 245/200
TTCromar
on 5/10/05 12:34 pm - UT
Hey GerrAnn: Make that 3 surgery buddies loosing hair...mine's falling out by the handfulls. t~
Joan R.
on 5/9/05 8:43 am - Millington, TN
Tera, I'm glad you are doing better. Joan
Amanda
on 5/9/05 11:17 am - Kearney, NE
Hi!! I feel the same way sometimes!! But, I think it is great that you noticed it and are talking about it, not just pushing your feelings aside where they could turn into a serious depression! I did read that fat stores huge amounts of hormones and so when we are loosing fat, those hormones are released into our bodies and makes us a bit crazy!! If you keep that in mind, it is a little easier to get through those mood swings and feeling down! I am glad you are feeling better though!! How about your energy? Are you still tired? Let me know if I can help at all!!! Talk to you later! A
gogeko
on 5/10/05 9:14 am - Palmer, AK
HI TERA I'M HAPPY TO SEE A POST OF THIS NATURE. I HAVE NOT HAD SURGERY YET. JUST 3 WEEKS TO GO. I TOO HAVE BEEN WONDERING HOW I WILL DEAL EMOTIONALY AFTER SURGERY. IM AN EMO EATER TOO. AND EVEN MORE SO AS THE DAY DRAWS NEARER. I FIND MYSELF BINGE EATING BECAUSE I KNOW THAT I WONT ENJOY CERTAIN FOODS AFTER SURGERY. I HAVE EVEN PACKED ON A FEW MORE POUNDS SINCE DECEMBER ABOUT 15. YIKES!!!!! I KNOW I NEED TO EAT LESS TO HELP MY TUMMY SHRINK BEFORE I GO. AND I FIND IT HARD TO DO SO. WHAT KINDS OF THINGS OR ACTIVITIES DO YOU DO TO FILL THE VOID? ANYONE IS WELCOME TO REPLY HERE. I KNOW G.W. SAYS SHOPPING..... WHAT ELSE WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR THOSE OF US STRUGGLING WITH EMO EATING? THANK YOU CINDY
TTCromar
on 5/10/05 12:38 pm - UT
Hey Tera: I'm glad to see your doing so well!!! YEAH!!!!! Sometimes I'll be doing something or we've gone somewhere and it will trigger a food memory for me. There's then a moment or longer sometimes of mourning. I think much of our social life is based around food and it would be hard not to mourn those moment we will not be able to participate in quite like we use to. I also agree with GerrAnn....my hormones are such a mess since the surgery. Everything in our bodies are changing and the poor chemicals in our body have to try to keep up. Just hang in there and know your loved by all of us. T~
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views