mexico alone

vickig
on 5/7/05 1:37 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
has anyone gone to dr. aquirre by them self.does anyone think it would be possible.i really need some help with this decision thank you.
Molly Mae
on 5/7/05 2:05 pm - WA
you got mail!
Jasna2
on 5/7/05 2:21 pm - Eau Claire, WI
I don't think it would be hard... and in some ways easier. However, I suppose if you had difficulites it would be nice for someone to be there. I went with my mother and 9 year old son. I went to the hospital on the day of the surgery alone- no reason for them to spend hours there when there was nothing they could do. I was in and out of consciousness for the next two days - there was little they could do. I did not stay in Ensenada after I got out of the hospital. We traveled by bus (only $30 for the 3 of us) to Tijuana and we walked acrossed the border - it was only about 5 blocks. Then we took the train to my aunts house were we stayed for 3 days. My mother had oral surgery the day we left Mexico and was little help. My son has CP and difficulty moving so he was more work than help. You might get lonely but bring some good books and just take the time to recouperate. Just my two cents. Anne
Carol H.
on 5/8/05 4:54 am - Columbus, GA
Vicki, When I finally have enough money saved up for the surgery, I plan on going alone (my family is not happy with this decision). I plan on staying at the apartment. My only concern is if something goes wrong, so I haven't made a definite decision yet. When are you planning your surgery?
vickig
on 5/9/05 2:41 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
guess what i'm back with dr.aquire.i'm not real comfortable with open rny but over all he seems like the best choice for me.i will know more about a date when we close on our 2nd mortage.i guess around end of july at the latest.hope your faimly is coming around.
pattycake
on 5/8/05 7:43 am - macon, GA
i'll be having surgery with dr aguirre june 8th and i'll be traveling alone. i have no real choice at this point, but in away i prefer to do this alone. i feel like this is such a personal journey. besides.... there is nothing any friends or relatives could do for me if something went wrong. i heard that i'll be out of it for several days after surgery anyway. you can do it if that's the only choice you have. i will not be alone in spirit... that's the way i look at it.
Red H.
on 5/8/05 11:51 am - Lebanon, OR
Have you ever wanted anything so bad that you would do almost anything to get it? We may even make decisions that we would not normally make if we had any other choice. My 2 cents worth is this.........If you question going alone, maybe you should rethink your decision. Do not forget that we are "out of the country". Most of us don't speak the language and neither do most of the nurses. Dr Aquirre is an excellent surgeon but in the event of an emergency, there would be no one there to speak for you. This IS a very serious big surgery and should not be taken lightly. I wish you the best. I hope you take someone! Trust me....this is not a site seeing shopping trip! Kay
vickig
on 5/8/05 1:46 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
i'm desperate not stupid. i've done my homework.iknow i'll be coming back with more than just pictures of mexico.i do have my list of key medical words in spanish , and some of us do know the language.friendly help is needed at a time like this!
DW
on 5/8/05 11:24 pm - Galveston, TX
Red Head, What makes you think that no one in Ensenada speaks English?? Did you have your surgery in Ensenada? I did!!! I had the best care ever and I have had surgeries here in the states, after having my surgery in Ensenada, I would have no problem going there alone. D.W.
Molly Mae
on 5/9/05 4:22 am - WA
Dr. Fobi (according to your profile) or Dr. Aguirre did your surgery? I do not totally disagree with your perspective. It is just your opinion and you should not be attacked for having one! Regards, Molly
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views