paying on own somehow

cristine L.
on 5/6/05 9:43 am - manahawkin, NJ
any info possible, on doctors used in mexico that are affordable because I can not get approved by any loan companys would be greatly appreciated
Sandy N.
on 5/7/05 9:47 am - GA
Hi Christine, Just be careful not to go too low or you may not get the skills, follow up care and service which are very important to make this a good experience for you. Be sure and check that the Inamed lap band is used, the one approved by the FDA, if not you will have to go back to Mexico for fills. For lap band I can recommend Dr. Aceves , he charges 8200 dlls all inlcusive. I found Dr. Aceves to be a good balance between affordability and experience. He is a great surgeon has been doing this for many years, the hospital is very very nice BUT he does not have the high price tag that many of the doctors with his experience have. You will find that his patients LOVE him, inlcuding me. I m not sure but I believe they do some financing. Good luck! Sandy N lap band - Dr. Aceves
vickig
on 5/7/05 2:11 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
if you go the gastric bypass route i would recomend dr.aquirre. i was looking at dr. aceves. but i decided that a gastric bypass is what i need not a band good luckhang in there
deekidd
on 5/8/05 9:11 am - Naples, FL
I am going to Dr Aceves for the RNY Fobi. I know he is mainly doing the Band but he has done over 70 RNY's and there is someone there that has been in on hundreds of them. Plus, I like the fact that you stay in the hospital for 5 days and 2 in a really nice hotel afterwards. I am paying a little more than most (13,500) but I have spoken with some really great people from there and patients as well. You need to mail them $500 to get the surgery date, then just get on-line and apply with some lenders. It is tough, but this operation is "priceless" Good luck, david
vickig
on 5/8/05 1:52 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
i am going this route because i will be alone. my husband feels better knowing i will be in a hospiyal for 5 days. and we hope for a quicker recovery with lap rny. thank you david for the response vicki
gogeko
on 5/7/05 3:06 pm - Palmer, AK
HI CHRISTINE I AM GOING TO DR. AGIURRE. HIS CHARGE IS 9,400.00 (7,000 FOR DR AGUIRRE AND 2,000 FOR ANESTHISIOLOGIST). CHECK HIS PROFILE. AND READ PROFILES OF HIS PATIENTS. HE IS REALLY IMPRESSIVE. CINDY
wendyjca
on 5/8/05 10:41 am - Escondido, CA
Hi, I too am a self-pay. I found a lot of finance companies; MediCredit, Unicorn, Reliance, Monarch, PFS, Capital One, etc. The thing is, they do have high interest rates. For me, I feel that I am worth it and from what I hear, next to no one has regrets! I am going to Dr. Aceves, hopefully around June 20th. Nina, his assistant has been great, yes, everything you have read about her is true! I am going to get the Lap RNY procedure. The price is all inclusive and they are somehow affliated with PFS financing and you can borrow up to $3000 through their office. I live in San Diego County and am going to get transportation to and from my home (it doesn't get much better than this!). I would love to hear from anyone that has had this procedure with Dr. Aceves and what their experience was like. I too, really like the fact that they keep you in the hospital for 5 days with this procedure. Don't give up on the financing, apply to as many places during a 24 hour period of time. This way, you are not going to have a negative report from too many inquiries spread apart. Good luck! wendy
Ellie H.
on 5/9/05 1:59 pm - Medford, OR
I used Dr. Aguirre and paid $6,500. Of course his prices have gone through the roof in the past two years. Supply and demand, I guess. After all it is a business. He does know what he's doing and how to do it though and I would recommend him.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views