Oh Pooper!

Lorraine Wentz
on 5/6/05 8:15 am - St. Catharines, Canada
It looks as though I'm going to have to stay in the apartments. My date is in August, so the hotel costs are just way too much. Oh well, I'm going to pass on the nursing service, and have my husband help me with things, and I'll just make it a daily exercise to walk to the hospital to have my blood pressure checked. That way I can save on the nursing service and use that money to go shopping!! ****!Shopping!**** (choral angels singing!) I've traveled all over the world and have stayed in some very questionable places, so I don't think the apartments will be anything worse than what I've experienced before!
Cheri Moran
on 5/6/05 8:45 am - Big Spring, TX
I really don't know where everyone has gotten the idea the apartments are bad. I can assure you they are nice, clean, and comfortable. My husband and I totally enjoyed our stay in apartment #1. We would gladly stay there again. We travel quite a bit with our job and we stay in some high class hotels so I know what's out there in accomodations. I would much rather stay in the apartments than some of the hotels I saw in Ensenada. We enjoyed having the kitchen and computer available. Cheri
Amanda
on 5/6/05 9:04 am - Kearney, NE
I loved staying in the apartments too!! But, I agree the nursing service is not necessary if you have someone along that is willing to take good care of you. I had the nurse come two days, but I felt it was a waste of money. They taught my husband exactly how to change the bandages and everything in the hospital so he could have done just as good of a job!!!
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/6/05 9:50 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I don't have anything against the apartments at all. I just wanted the few days that I'm there after I'm released from the hospital to be a recuperative holiday in a nice hotel type setting. Not to mention there are all sorts of shopping adventures near the hotels! I've only seen one of the apartments in pictures, but have gotten comments that the second apartment isn't all that nice. But like I said, no worries. I'm sure the places I stayed at while living in Japan and traveling through backwater Asia are putrid compared to any place in a tourist town right over the Mexican border! I'm lucky to not have been spoiled when it comes to travel accommodations! Anyway, I'm going to stay in the apartments and I'm positive I'll have just as good a time as I would have if I stayed at the hotel. A view of the ocean would have been nice though!! Cheers! Lorraine
Molly Mae
on 5/6/05 10:19 am - WA
I'm sure you will have a fabulous time in the apartments especially since you are going to have your dad, husband and little boy there with you. GerrAnn said it is not a bad walk at all from there to lots of good shopping and taxis are only $4-6. I'm sure the apartments are wonderful and did not mean to bash the idea in anyway. Cheri is right...I would much rather stay there than stay at many of the hotels availiable there. I'm sure you will do great with your wonderful attitude you can't go wrong. Molly
GW
on 5/6/05 12:06 pm - Weatherford, TX
Don't be upset! You will like the apartments. If you go expecting the worse, you can probably find it. Go expecting the best, and you will find that as well. I agree that you wouldn't have to have the nurses at all. My husband just wanted them to check my blood pressure since I had high blood pressure before the surgery, and would be off my pills for a while. The showers are huge and I loved them. Also, the kitchen and computer were great. While I was in #1 another patient was in #2. I went to the apartment and while I liked mine better, hers was very nice as well. But, you know the saying, there is no place like home. While I was there, it was my home. But when we left, I was absolutely ready to see my real home! You will be fine. Genie
Ellie H.
on 5/9/05 2:06 pm - Medford, OR
I stayed at the El Cid because I wanted to be in the middle of things. Cardiomed and the apartments are some distance away from the shopping/tourist district. I enjoyed the freedom of the different restaurants and shopping areas both before and after surgery. At the time I was there they didn't have the apartments anyway. I would have had a hard time paying $75 a night for something that rents for $300-$350 a month, including utilities. Besides, being alone, staying at a hotel gave me more of a sense of security by having people around. Rosella wasn't in the picture back then either but Dr. Gomez was only a phone call away.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views