Ensenada Apartment Poll...

Molly Mae
on 5/6/05 3:51 am - WA
Hi Ronda! I know what you mean about the downtown scene. I stayed at a hotel in downtown Portland, OR and it was kinda freaky in a fun way - aside from the junkies sleeping covered in newspapers...I saw NONE of this in downtown Ensenada. Anyway, I really enjoy experiencing humanity and all of it's raw human condition. That is why I took the Ensenada city bus (too bumpy but interesting) and ventured into the non-tourist places of town. Sure, I was kind of taken aback by all the poverty and different conditions but it really made for a rich experience and I chronical all of this in my profile. To tell you the truth...financially I was TAPPED OUT by the time I got around to where I was gonna stay! I already felt like a heel for spending $10K on myself at Christmas and did not want to fork over any more cash for accomodations at the apt or at the Coral. I know Latrisha, one of the pioneers who went to Dr. A first stayed at the hotel you are gonna stay at. I have heard that the beds are kinda hard and it is not the most fabulous hotel in the way of cleanliness. BUT...it is all about your attitude and I know you are a women of faith and you will be fine. Everyone on this board here is such a winner in life by making this surgery happen. It is a very empowering experience for those who go in with the right attitude. Molly
GW
on 5/6/05 3:56 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Molly! Great question for all those considering their options! I stayed in Apt. #1 and I had no complaints. Rosella took care of everything and my husband was able to walk to the pharmacy and get extra bandages and such for my incision. My husband is VERY overprotective and he wanted the nurse to come to me everyday. Not because he couldn't change the bandage, but he wanted an eye kept on my blood pressure. It was fine with me either way. Would I do it again? Yes, in a heartbeat. But, with that being said, if I had had a crystal ball and KNEW without a shadow of a doubt that I wouldn't have needed the nurse or being close to the Dr. I probably would go for the hotel Coral to have the balconey and beautiful ocean view. But, since I couldn't read the future, I don't regret the decision we made. Better safe than sorry in my book. In the end, I think it will be what each person feels best with. We did like being able to cook in our kitchen and have internet access to stay connected with friends and family. Genie
Molly Mae
on 5/6/05 4:12 am - WA
Thanks Genie! Isn't it the most awesome thing to live life with no regrets? It is my motto! Happy weekend! Molly
Amanda
on 5/6/05 4:47 am - Kearney, NE
Hello! I stayed in Apartment #1 and I absolutely loved it!! I can't imagine staying anywhere else! My husband and I were both very comfortable and enjoyed staying next door to another of Dr. A's patients. It was very clean, comfortable and the water pressure was great!!! I love my showers!! Also, just having more than one room to be in was nice. It wasn't very big, but at least I could move around a little!!!
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/6/05 5:29 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I love to shop and be around people, so when Molly mentioned this and staying at the hotel, I changed my mind about the apartments. Now, my husband wanted to stay in the apartments only because he's a worry wart and just liked the idea of having a nurse to help. So we made a compromise. We're going to stay at the apartments for two days after I'm released from the hospital, and the rest of our trip we'll stay at a hotel. Including the few days that we're there before my surgery. I thank all of you for all your comments, and I especially thank Molly for bringing this up in the first place. Smart gal!! I can't wait to shop! Yay!!! I'm blessed to be able to have my husband and son with me. I couldn't spend two weeks away from my son anyway! My heart would break if I couldn't do our ritual good night story. And not be able to smother him with kisses. I also just found out that my Dad will be able to be there as well!! I'm so blessed!! Of course my Dad wouldn't miss any opportunity to see his only grandchild! Never mind that I'm having major surgery!! Cheers! Lorraine
Molly Mae
on 5/6/05 6:47 am - WA
Hi Again Lorainne! You guys will have a good time. Hey, if you totally love the apartments, you're all settled in and they are available for longer maybe you can just stay there. It's nice to have a choice though. I totally know what you mean about your little one. It was so hard to be away from mine! How old is your little guy? Mine are one and two and it almost killed me not picking them up for so long! Molly
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/6/05 7:21 am - St. Catharines, Canada
My little guy is 2 1/2. What sex are your little ones? My husband and I plan on trying for another one when I'm about 2 years post op. We're also going to adopt after we've had another of our own. Or maybe we'll adopt then have another of our own! Who knows?!!! All I know is I'll be healthy and wanting to have a big family!! As long as I have a girl one way or another, it doesn't matter to me!! I have pictures of my two men on my profile page. Cheers, Lorraine
Cheri Moran
on 5/6/05 8:53 am - Big Spring, TX
My husband and I enjoyed our stay in apartment 1. If I went back, that is where I would want to stay again. We found the apartment to be comfortable, clean, and quite. I enjoyed walking on the porch and later around the park. We felt safe and found the apartment to be convenient to markets, pharmacies, and shopping. It was fun to have the computer and we liked being able to prepare our meals in the well equipped kitchen. I guess it's up to each individual, but we had no desire to stay in any of the hotels. Cheri
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/6/05 9:56 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I had no desire to stay at a hotel either, but when Molly mentioned the great shopping at virtually anytime, my mind wandered to the hotel. It turns out the hotels are too expensive to stay at during the time we're going to be there, so we're going with our original plan to stay at the apartments. I think I'd feel safer from a medical perspective at the apartments anyway. Cheers! Lorraine
Debbie L
on 5/6/05 12:03 pm - Western, Pa
My husband and I stayed in apartment #1 for the first 6 days then we moved to the Hotel Posada El Rey Sol because someone else was booked for the apartment. The hotel wasn't bad it had an elevator and was on the main street there was a lot of noise at times but it was nice to be able to get out and walk around. It doesn't really matter where you stay because Rosella always checks in with you daily either by phone or visits.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views