WLS COST

c_harts
on 5/2/05 6:31 am - Seabrook, TX
Could someone please let me know of wls cost in mexico. Lap band v/s RNy and dr. names and email or web site address. Thank you for your help.
GW
on 5/2/05 8:30 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Chris! I am the one that posted to your reply on the main message board, so I won't bore you again with all that! Just wanted to say welcome to one of the friendliest boards around! Okay, guys, where is everybody? Need a little help here! Sometimes the board runs slower than other times. Don't give up! In the meantime, check out Dr. Aguirres patient forum. Dr. Aguirre only does the open RNY though. No lap. Here is the link to his forum. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/forums/?ID=A-1045621205 Read his patient profiles. I have never run across anyone that is unhappy with him. He is great, as is his daughter Rosella. She is the one that will be your contact person. A typical waiting list is about 1-2 months, depending on if you want to stay in his apartments or a hotel. Good luck and happy searching! Genie
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/2/05 12:56 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
This is list break down of my entire costs for open RNY with Dr. Aguirre. $9,400 - Surgery (surgeon, asst. surgeon, 3 day-2 night hospital stay, anesthisiologist, nurses, meds.) $350 - Personal round trip transportation from San Diego Airport $79 - First night in Mexico (if staying at appartment profided by surgeon) $158 - Cost for family to stay in appartment for 2 nights while you are in the hospital) $316 - 4 nights stay after surgery WITHOUT nursing service @ $79/night (suggested you stay for 6 nights 7 days after release from the hospital, so surgeon can remove stiches and draining tube which would make the cost $474) OR $500 - 4 nights stay after surgery WITH nursing service @ $125/night (suggested you stay for 6 nights 7 days after release from the hospital, so surgeon can remove stiches and draining tube which would make the cost $750) Of course you don't have to have a nurse every day you're there. So costs will vary as to how many days you want a nurse $20 - That's a rough amount for the perscription pain meds that you have to buy yourself after you're released from the hospital. As for flights, that obviously depends where you live and when you're going. So my surgery this August, is on the 9th. And this is how it'll go for me! Keep in mind that my husband and son will be with me, so will be staying at the apartment while I'm in the hospital. I'm also paying for the nursing service for more days than most people choose to have. Most will have it for about 2 days. I'm having it for 4. Also keep in mind that I'm staying at the appartments that the surgeon's daughter can set you up at. But you have a choice of staying at a hotel if you like. -8th- arrive in the morning / transportation $175 / testing & surgeon consult in the evening -one night's stay for me and my family @ $79 -9th - surgery $9400 -one night's stay for my family @ $79 -10th - still in hospital -one night's stay for my family @ $79 -11th - released from hospital -one night stay with nursing service @ $125 -12th - recuperate at appartment -one night stay with nursing service @ $125 -13th - recuperate at apartment -one night stay with nursing service @ $125 -14th - recuperate at apartment -one night stay with nursing service @ $125 -15th - recuperate at apartment -one night stay with no nursing service @ $79 -16th - recuperate / part of stitches and draining tube out -one night stay with no nursing service @ $79 -17th - rest of stitches out / transportation $175 I hope this makes sense. If you have any questions let me know! Cheers! Lorraine
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/2/05 12:57 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Of course I should also mention that prices can change. But as of 5/2/05 these are the prices I've been quoted!
kly
on 5/2/05 5:05 pm - Athens, GA
Hi Christina, I used Dr. Aceves for Lap RNY 12,500 plus airfare to San Diego and it included everything pre op, post op, transportation, meds and hotel. He also does Lap Band and I think it is 8,500 plus air. My husband and I had a fabulous experience in Mexicalli with Dr. Aceves and his staff. If you have any further questions feel free to email me. Contact information: (Read testimonals section) (http://www)mexicolapband.com/index.php Nina is the contact person: [email protected]
Sandy N.
on 5/3/05 2:20 pm - GA
Hi Christina, I had lap band surgery with Dr. Aceves , seems like the only lap band patient on this board. The cost is 8200 dlls plus airfare. Everything else is included. I had a great experience with them as well, I can totally recommend Dr. Aceves and his staff. Sandy lap band- Dr. Aceves
Jackie S.
on 5/4/05 3:28 am - Fairview, OR
I'm also a lap band patient of Dr. Aceves. He is a wonderful surgeon, very professional -- caring, kind, responsive to questions, too. I am totally pleased with my decision to have the band and to have him do my surgery. Everything was super and I'm doing great -- 44 lbs lost since banding on 1/19/05. Jackie S.
Joan R.
on 5/6/05 3:14 pm - Millington, TN
I will be going to the Molding clinic in TJ the 1st of June. (http://www)moldingclinic.com.mx/ I have been to several websites and everyone has good things to say about them. The cost for the Iamed with all test, surgery, airfare for my sister and myself and hotel of 2 nights is $ 8000.00 Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views