Driving Myself Bonkers!!!

Lorraine Wentz
on 4/29/05 12:37 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Are there any pre-ops out there that are going crazy with excitement and driving themselves crazy thinking about it ALL the time?! I still have till August and I feel like I'm going to burst!!! Everything from flight, to surgery, to recovery, to a year after surgery, is playing over and over in my mind. And I'm a stay at home mom to boot! So I don't have anything other than a few dirty diapers to distract me!!! AHHHHH!!!! I suppose I'd rather be feeling this than the feeling of hopelessness that I'll never have this surgery.......... I'm going
DW
on 4/29/05 10:36 pm - Galveston, TX
Hi Lorraine, I felt like you prior to surgery, I never questioned my decision I was just excited. My hubby and I laughed all the way to Ensenada because I was terrified that I would lose my cashiers check. I was so relieved when I saw Bamby at the airport and started this amazing journey. I feel like I now have my life back after loosing -105 and now wearing a size 10 or 12. I feel wonderful and can now live my life instead of always feeling like a failure because I did not have the willpower. Welcome to the board and your son is a doll. Dot
vickig
on 4/30/05 1:15 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
im new to this site could you give me an idea of what to expect price wise i cant find it on his web site and when i type in my info and hit send i get a page not available message thak you so much
Cheri Moran
on 4/30/05 8:41 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Lorraine! You just enjoy that excitement and most of all, enjoy playing with your child! August seems like forever when you want something so badly, but it does finally get here. This surgery really is a treasure! I am so glad I was able to have it. It has been a real experience and I have met so many wonderful new friends through it. I wish you the very best on your journey! Cheri
klnbaker
on 4/30/05 10:06 am - Gresham, OR
Hi Lorraine! When I was pre-op I LIVED this surgery. Same things that are going through your head, all the "what ifs", "what will I be like a year from now?" But, I think the waiting helped me to prepare. I read everything I could find on WLS and I'm sure I drove everyone crazy with all my questions. Keep changing those dirty diapers, Lorraine, and soon your day will be here, too! --Kathleen
vickig
on 4/30/05 6:47 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
i was wondering what i was doing wrong thanks agian for your help
Molly Mae
on 4/30/05 7:13 pm - WA
Dirty diapers...I can so relate ! I have a one and a two year old. The best way to keep your sanity at this point is to try your hardest to keep your eyes off of yourself and serve others. With a little bitty baby (or toddler) that is hard not to do, so you will do fine. I know exactly how you feel though...read my profile! It's all there. I was also consumed with this surgery preop and I guess it's normal. The only other thing I have ever been almost as consumed with was being pregnant and giving birth naturally. I was way over the top with that too, . I wasn't even this crazy about planning my wedding. You WILL have this surgery and you will do AWESOME!!! Molly Oh yeah...the whole next year at this time...thing may never go away. I always have done this and it is just our way of being hopeful. hugs...
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/1/05 5:00 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Kudos for giving birth all natural!! I had a c-section and was freaked out beyond belief! I can't imagine the pain that's involved with natural birth. I bet your surgery was a walk in the park! Thanks for the bout of confidence!! Cheers! Lorraine
Lorraine Wentz
on 5/1/05 5:46 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Forgot to ask you Molly, what part of Washington are you from? I'm from little ol' Mount Vernon, it's an hour and a half north of Seattle, 20 minutes south of Bellingham.
Gwen R.
on 5/1/05 7:24 am - Kingston, OK
Hi Lorraine. I know exactly how you're feeling. You are so lucky. You're surgery is in August. I'm planning mine for Nov or Dec, and I'm already thinking and talking about surgery every day. It's awful, and awesome all at the same time. I'm more nervous about flying to San Diego than I am the surgery. Have never flown before. Have always said if I had to fly to get there, then I didn't need to go. ha, ha... That's how serious and desperate I am to have this surgery. I will fly to get to Ensenada. Who will your surgeon be and what procedure are you having done?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views