Cheri Moran Had Surgery Again!

Cheri Moran
on 4/28/05 6:38 am - Big Spring, TX
I got home from the hospital around 5:00 yesterday but I was so exhausted that I couldn't update. On Tuesday, April 19 I started hurting and throwing up again. The surgeon that did my bowel obstruction surgery on April 12 wanted me to come back. I was almost out of it by the time we made the 3 hour drive. I was so dehydrated they couldn't start an IV so they had to insert a central line in my neck. After testing on Wednesday another bowel obstruction was discovered and I had my second surgery in two weeks done on Wednesday evening (20th). This one was more complex and part of my intestine had to be removed. After the surgery my heart rate was staying in the 170 to 175 range. My nurse was afraid I was going to have a stroke or die. I remember hearing a male in black scrubs finally saying, "that's the problem, she's completely dry." I told them when I went in I was dehydrated. Once they started pouring fluids through my central line my heart rate started lowering. I really don't remember much of anything from Tuesday night until Saturday evening. Starting Sunday, my physical condition started improving rapidly. Please pray for me, I am having a very difficult time mentally and emotionally. I don't know why, I just am. Maybe it's because I realize how close I came to dying. The surgeon did stress to my husband that the bowel obstructions do not necessairly have anything to do with the RNY. He also told him Dr. A's work was very impressive. The really yucky thing is I have an open incision. The surgeon said there is just too great of a risk of infection if the incision is stetched closed after two surgeries so close together. I have to clean this ten inch long incision with anti bactrial soap every day and loosely pack it. The doctor said it would heal quickly if I make sure I get plenty of protein. I'm sorry if this is all wacky sounding but as I said, I'm still pretty shakey. Thanks for the prayers! Cheri
Amanda
on 4/28/05 7:04 am - Kearney, NE
I am sooo sorry this is all happening to you! I will surely pray for you! I hope everything heals well and that you won't have this problem again!!! ((((((((hugs))))))))) A
sue_f
on 4/28/05 8:00 am - Portland, OR
Oh Cheri, I am so sorry to hear about all this. I am glad you made it! This is all very scary. Take care and please keep us updated as you start feeling better. You will most certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. Sue F.
GW
on 4/28/05 8:31 am - Weatherford, TX
Oh Cheri! I am so so so sorry that all of this is happening to you! I have thought about you every day and pray for you. I went to Lubbock last weekend and went through Swee****er. I wish I would have known where you lived so I could have stopped in and surprised you! I didn't have your phone number with me, so....................... Anyway, it sounds like you need an angel this time! I will be here if you need anything, and I stress ANYTHING! Genie
Molly Mae
on 4/28/05 8:45 am - WA
Wow Cheri! So great to hear from you. What an ordeal you have been through! How is your hubby holding up? I bet it is nice to be back home and feeling on the mend. So, I have to know..what tipped you off that you had this life threatening condition? Was it the vomiting? I have always wondered about this. Almost any abdominal pain will send me to the ER because preop I always read about this. Just curious! Mostly I am just glad you are ok. Molly
Cheri Moran
on 4/28/05 11:51 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Molly! Thank you for asking about my wonderful husband! He has held up well considering the fact he has heart problems. He could operate just about any machine they used on me by the time we left and the nurses would kid him that if he did anymore for me we wouldn't need them. He was right there through all of it. It has shown me even more why I love him so very much. I started out with pain in my abdominal area. The pain would increase in intensity like a labor pain until you almost can't stand it. It would go away for a few minutes and then start again. Then after a while I started vomiting up green liquid. I would vomit 6 to 8 times it would go away for 20 minutes and then I'd start vomiting 6 to 8 times again. The vomiting went on for hours. I called Dr. Warnock and he said it sounded like a bowel obstruction. The second time was a repeat of the first although instead of green liquid I was vomiting up foam. It think the pain comes from your pouch and abdomin filling up with the liquid. If something likes this happens, whatever you do, make sure you insist they make sure you aren't dehydrated. Being dehydrated caused me a lot of problems! Cheri
gogeko
on 4/28/05 9:11 am - Palmer, AK
WOW CHERI, YOU'VE BEEN THRU SO MUCH. I AM THINKING OF YOU. PLEASE CONTINUE FIGHTING THIS BATTLE UNTIL YOU WIN. WE MISS YOU SO MUCH. BE STRONG. WE ARE PULLING FOR YOU. CINDY
GerrAnn
on 4/28/05 9:14 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Dear Cheri I am so thankful that you got yourself to the hospital. This has to be a real nightmear for you and your husband. We will all keep you in our thoughts as you recoup. from this. GerrAnn
Sandy N.
on 4/28/05 1:21 pm - GA
Cheri, Hope you have a speedy recovery and do not have to go through this again. The story gave me the chills, the central line,the dehydration, pretty tough, I feel for you and your husaband. I will keep you in my prayers. Sandy lap band - Dr Aceves
cathy.fowler
on 4/29/05 12:19 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Cheri, my gosh! you have been through it! Please know that I am praying for you (as you are my HERO!). Take care, Cathy Fowler
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views