Ankle & Feet Swelling?

Candice E.
on 4/26/05 9:10 am - Lebanon, OR
Hi Guys, I am having a problem with my ankles and feet swelling. I have never had this problem. I drink liguids all day long. Any ideas anyone. Candice
GW
on 4/26/05 12:49 pm - Weatherford, TX
Hi Candice! I used to have that problem all the time. I have only had it once since the surgery. In my case, it was the propel! I hated to quit drinking it because I love it, but it has like 35 grams of sodium in it! Gatorade also has a lot of sodium since it is a sports drink to replenish what you have lost after extensive workouts. Try to limit your sodium intake and see if that helps. Good luck! How are you doing? Genie
y0maria
on 4/26/05 5:27 pm - CA
You could check with your PCP about getting a prescription for Lasix. That will alleviate that problem, but be careful because swelling of the the ankles and feet are also symptoms of heart problems. I would definitely go to my doctor and have it checked out.
Cheri Moran
on 4/28/05 6:42 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Candice! You've received two very good replies so I can't really think of anything to add but I wanted you to know I'll be thinking about you. I hope everything is going better for you. After almost 12 months of no problems what so ever, I've really been hit hard the last 2 weeks - probably unrelated to my RNY. Just wanted to say hi! Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views