South of the boarder for gastric bypass

Pattie W.
on 4/23/05 1:32 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hello I need to know if anyone out There has gone to Bogoto Columbia to do there Surgery, and if so please let me know how it went for you. You can reach me at [email protected] Thank you very much Pattie
Dinka Doo
on 4/24/05 6:12 am - Medford, OR
Pattie - I know of at least one here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=Z1061319394. Gary went down and did have a few complications but from what I remember he is doing fine as of the last time he posted. I think he had a leak but he said they were really good to him there. I know there have to be more, I'm just not sure of them... Dina
Joan R.
on 4/24/05 2:06 pm - Millington, TN
I was researching the travel requirements at the State Dept. website a few days ago and noticed they had issued a travel warning for Columbia. I don't remember when it was issued..it could be an old one, but check it out. Joan
Maryann N.
on 4/30/05 7:44 am - Garwood, NJ
Pattie, I had Lap RNY performed in Bogota on 4/14/05 with Dr. Valencia, through the Affordable Bariatrics group. I've been home since 4/22/05 and I'm feeling great. Tire easily but other than that, all has been going smoothly. I cannot rave enough about the whole experience. There wasn't anything they didn't think of, the care was professional but warm and personal. I never felt unsafe as I did not go anywhere alone. I had an assigned English speaking guide and she was at my "beck and call". If you have any specific questions I might address, don't hesitate to ask. Maryann 4/14/05 LAP RNY 304/280/135
vickig
on 4/30/05 11:47 am - CRAWFORD, GA
pardon my being bluntbut how much did it cost and what did it include. i cant help but have flash backs of romancing the stone scenes of columbia. thank you vicki
Maryann N.
on 4/30/05 9:46 pm - Garwood, NJ
My total cost (which reflected a 7% discount for paying cash via wire transfer) was $14,333. The package price included: - round trip airfare from/to New Jersey - seven nights hotel, two-room suite at the Intercontinental (2 nights pre-surgery, 5 nights post-surgery) - battery of tests and doctor appointments the day before surgery (blood work, urinalysis, EKG, chest x-rays, endoscopy, espirometry, aenaesteogist (sp?), psychiatrist, nutritionist, surgeon, internist) - private room in the hospital - private nurses in the hospital and for the first 24 hours at the hotel - English-speaking guide available 24/7 - cell phone to contact my guide or the doctors at any time - personal visits from the surgeons at the hotel after release from the hospital - some tours and shopping the last three days in Bogota - $10,000 "complications insurance" in case anything arose that required my staying longer, etc. I can't say enough good things about this program offered by Affordable Bariatrics and feel comfortable recommending to anyone. The surgeon has performed 120 LAP RNY on US patients in the past year. Surgeon is a member of the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons. Declined one patient after her tests as not qualified for the surgery. Had one complication (patient ate an almond after being dismissed from the hospital to the hotel). I think that covers it. Maryann 4/14/05 LAP RNY 304/280/135
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views