An Update

TracyW
on 4/22/05 12:18 am - Spring, TX
I was updating my profile today and someone needs to kick me in the Butt for letting me go this long and not updating my profile. Well I am just short of my 3 month mark; I am happy to report that as of today I am down 88 lbs and am just over the ½ way mark to my goal of loosing 175 lbs. This surgery was a life saver for me and I am feeling great. I am starting to hear "Oh I did not recognize you!" here at work and have to say that is something I like hearing. I have just about boxed up all my Pre Op clothes as they no longer fit me. Tonight I will go to a work dinner and will see allot of people that I have not seen in a couple of years, it ought to be interesting. I can not wait till I can start lifting weights, my biceps are so small, but I looked and Dr Aguirre says wait 4-6 months. I have been measuring every week and taking weekly pictures, I will try to get those up soon. I have been missing my surgery buddies and I really hope they can make it to the Reunion later this year. Tracy 375/287/200 (I am just over 1/2 way to my Goal Weight)
GerrAnn
on 4/22/05 2:50 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Buddy Doesn't sound like theres much Butt to kick now days. I am so happy for you.. I knew that you would work hard to make this surgery work for you..I would love to go to the Reunion.. We all have such a close bond with each other and I would love to share in all our successes... Don't just be a stranger on the board.. Start Posting mister.. GerrAnn
gogeko
on 4/22/05 3:31 am - Palmer, AK
WOW!!!!! YOU ARE ALMOST TO ONEDERLAND AWSOME. YOU ARE A GREAT INSPERATION. AND WE LOVE HEARING FROM YOU. HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING. CINDY
GW
on 4/22/05 6:57 am - Weatherford, TX
Way to go, Tracy! I am so happy for you! I have been wondering what happened to you! And yes, Mister, get those pictures up! Genie
y0maria
on 4/22/05 1:32 pm - CA
Tracy, Congratulations on doing so well. I am curious, though, of where you "looked" to see when you can lift weights? When I had surgery in 11/03 his advice was to start getting exercise as soon as possible and really stressed walking/aerobics. I am in close touch with several doctors, two of which are experienced in bariatric surgery, here in the states. They all see no issue with lifting weights, although one did suggest waiting between 4-6 weeks after surgery. I, myself, went back to water aerobics as soon as possible and part of the session consists of doing weights in the water. With the amount of weight we lose, as quick as we lose it, any type of toning/exercising is a good idea. Your going to get flabby regardless but the exercise early on will deter a lot of it. Best of luck and continual success. Mary 345/172/155'ish 11-19-03
TracyW
on 4/24/05 11:24 pm - Spring, TX
Dr Aquirre gave me a sheet and it was on there, it said "No Weight Lifting 4-6 months". This is not talking about Walking/Aerobic exercise, I am talking about Weight Lifting for building up arm/chest. Tracy 375/283/200
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views