dont know how to feel...

DONNA RELLA
on 4/19/05 3:36 am - Uvalde, TX
I have prepared myself to go to Mex. to Dr. A... and i am at peace with that decision... but now my union pres. called me and says that he feels positive that the surgery will be covered by ins. after all. Now, i don't know this for sure, but he is working on it. So, financially that is wonderful. BUT, i want dr. A to do the surgery. On one hand, I am happy because the money situation is not so good, but, I am not sure about the whole changing dr.'s again... any advice?
GW
on 4/19/05 5:27 am - Weatherford, TX
Wow Donna! I wish I could tell you exactly what to do, but that has to be your decision. I have said that if I had to do it again, and if my insurance covered me, I would still go to Mexico for Dr. A. That said, and I know it is a lot easier to say that after the fact, I know you are a single mom and you have children to provide for. I guess you just need to pray about it and leave it in God's hands. It wouldn't hurt to go ahead and plan for the best, but be prepared for the worst. Jump through the insurance hoops, but continue to save and plan for Mexico. Research the Dr. you would have if you are covered so that no matter where you have it, you are at peace. After all, where isn't as important as WHEN! Your main goal is to get healthier so you can live, not just breathe or exist. I am so glad that God provided the way for us to go to Mexico, but $11,000 is alot. No one knows better than you if that will put you in a financial bind. Being healthy and thin is no good if you have to work 2-3 jobs to pay it back. I will be praying for you to make a wise decision. Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views